-Stylish Palmolive advertising begins, emphasizing ingredient purity and product benefits.
-Colgate & Company celebrates its 100th anniversary. Product line includes over 800 different products.
-Colgate is incorporated by the five sons of Samuel Colgate.
-Ribbon opening added to Colgate tube: ÂWe couldn't improve the product so we improved the tube.Â
-Colgate distributes two million tubes of toothpaste and toothbrushes to schools, and provides hygienists to demonstrate tooth brushing.
-William Mennen introduces the first American shaving cream tube.
-Colgate establishes its first international subsidiary in Canada.
-Colgate begins establishing operations in Europe, Asia, Latin America and Africa.
-Soap manufacturers Palmolive and Peet merge to become Palmolive-Peet Company.
-Colgate merges with Palmolive-Peet to become Colgate-Palmolive-Peet Company.
-On March 13, Colgate is first listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- The Company was incorporated on 23rd September, as a private limited company. The Company Manufacture and market dental care products (dental cream and tooth powder), hair care products (hair oils, shampoos, brilliantine) and other personal care products such as
shaving creams, and lotions, face creams, baby powder, talcum powder, etc. The products are marketed under the trade marks "Colgate". "Palmolive", "Halo" and "Charmis".
- A distribution set up was also developed on an all-India basis with warehouse facilities in Mumbai, Chennai and Calcutta.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company, U.S.A. supplemented this reinvestment by providing, technical assistance, new product information and its worldwide developments in quality dental care and other personal care products. The Company has its own research and development facilities.
Dr. Mark L. Morris develops a pet food to help save a guide dog named Buddy from kidney disease. This breakthrough leads to the first Hill's Prescription Diet product.
-Ajax cleanser is launched, establishing a powerful now-global brand equity for cleaning -products.
-Colgate-Palmolive Company becomes company's official name.
-Colgate opens corporate headquarters at 300 Park Avenue in New York City.
-Colgate opens research center in Piscataway, NJ.
-Fabric conditioner is launched in France as Soupline. Today, fabric conditioners are sold in over 54 countries around the world.
-Palmolive dishwashing liquid is introduced and today it is sold in over 35 countries.
-Colgate toothpaste adds MFP Fluoride, clinically proven to reduce cavities.
-Irish Spring launches in Germany as Irische FrÃ¼hling and in Europe as Nordic Spring. In 1972, Irish Spring is introduced in North America.
-Colgate acquires Hoyt Laboratories, which later becomes Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals.
-Caprice hair care launches in Mexico. Today, hair care products are sold in over 70 countries, with variants to suit every type of hair need.
-Colgate-Palmolive acquires Hill's Pet Nutrition. Today Hill's is the global leader in pet nutrition and veterinary recommendations.
- The object of the offer for sale of shares made to the Indian public during November was to reduce the non-resident holding to 40%. This offer for sale was made by Colgate-Palmolive Company, U.S.A., to the resident-Indians public to comply with FERA, 1973. As a result,
11,79,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each were offered at a premium of Rs 15 per share.
- 19,65,000 Bonus equity shares issued in prop. 1:1.
-Colgate Plus toothbrush is introduced. Today over 1.6 billion Colgate toothbrushes are sold annually worldwide. If you lined them up end to end, they would circle the globe 16 times.
- 39,30,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
-Protex bar soap is introduced, and today offers all-family antibacterial protection in over 56 countries.
-Colgate-Palmolive enters into a joint venture with Hong Kong-based Hawley & Hazel, a leading oral care company, which adds strength in key Asian markets.
-The Chairman's You Can Make A Difference Program is launched, recognizing innovation and executional excellence by Colgate people.
-Colgate acquires Softsoap liquid soap business from the Minnetonka Corporation. Today, Colgate is the global leader in liquid hand soap.
- 78,60,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- The Company received a licence for producing 24,000 tonnes per annum of fatty acids. It also registered with DGTD for production of 30,000 tonnes of toilet soap per annum.
- Shares sudivided on 29.9.1978. 19,50,000 bonus shares were then issued in prop. 130:1.
- Orders were placed for setting up a fatty acid plant with an annual capacity of 20,000 tonnes and a toilet soap plant with an annual finishing capacity of 15,000 tonnes.
-Annual Company sales surpass the $5 billion mark.
- 1,57,20,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- The Company launched new Colgate Gel Toothpaste, Palmolive Extra Care and new Palmolive soap and relaunched a high quality colgate Plus and other toothbrushes.
- 1,88,64,000 bonus shares issued in prop. 3:5.
- The Company participated in the global launch of Colgate Total Toothpaste and Asia/Pacific regional launch of Protex Soap.
- The Company proposed to negotiate with appropriate global partners for the necessary technology needed to implement vertically integrated projects and diversification into high technology areas to effect import substitutions for a range of materials.
- During September, 112,92,735 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each were allotted at a premium of Rs 50 per share to Colgate Palmolive Company, U.S.A. with a view to raise its shareholding to 51% of the subscribed capital. 615,96,735 bonus shares issued in prop. 1:1.
- The Company acquired the oral hygiene business of Hindustan Ciba-Geigy Ltd.
- The Company offered 123,19,347 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 10 per share on Rights basis in the proportion 1:10 (all were taken up). 2,40,000 shares of Rs 10 each were issued to the employees at a premium of Rs 10 per share on an equitable basis
(Details of allotment non-known).
- Also, 2,49,795 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each at a premium of Rs 1 per share were issued to Colgate Palmolive Co., U.S.A., on preferential allotment basis to maintain their shareholding at 51%.
- The Company launched colgate fresh stripe tooth paste and palmolive naturals soap in personal care products segments, Keratin Treatment Shampoo and Palmolive optima in Hair care segment during the year. Axion dishwashing paste was test launched in Maharashtra.
- The Company established a modern facility at Aurangabad to manufacture Dicalcium phosphate, a key ingredient for toothpaste.
- Passion Trading & Investment Co., Ltd., Jigs Investments Ltd., Multimint Leasing & Finance Ltd. and Camelot Investments Company Ltd. are subsidiaries of the Company.
- The Company established a wholly-owned subsidiary at Hetanda in Nepal in June 1988. The facility will manufacture tooth paste and tooth powder initially.
- The Company received a licence for producing 24,000 tonnes per annum of fatty acids.
- The company paid a dividend of Rs.4.50 per share in 3 instalments first interim Rs.1.60 second interim Rs.1.60 and final of Rs.1.30 per share.
- Colgate is the market leader in oral care with its toothpaste commanding a market share of over 60 per cent, followed by Hindustan Lever with around 35 per cent.
- The Monopolies and Restrictive Trade Practices Commission (MRTPC) has, in an interim order, directed Colgate to withdraw its long-standing "Suraksha Chakra" advertisement within two weeks.
- HLL has taken Colgate to the MRTPC over claims made by its recently launched toothpaste - Colgate Dental Cream Double Protection (CDC-DP) - a variant of the popular Colgate Dental Cream (CDC).
- Colgate-Palmolive is one of the few multinational stocks which have failed to outperform the market in the recent past.
- In its recent launch the company has launched Colgate Double Protection tooth paste for the entire family.
- Colgate-Palmolive has finally signed up with the depository even as Sebi has sent out a note of warning to the remaining six companies.
- Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd, a market leader in the toothpaste segment, suffered heavy setback during the first half of the current year due to stiff competition.
- The company has established the Dicalcium Phosphate (DP) manufacturing facility at Aurangabad.
- Colgate-Palmolive had launched the ad campaign for its new product Colgate Double Protection toothpaste in competition with rival brand Pepsodent from the Hindustan Lever stable.
- The corporate has launched the `Colgate Double Protection', `Colgate Total' and `Colgate Sensation'.
- The company started a new research and development centre, a manufacturing facility in Nepal, and completed a dicalcium phosphate facility in Aurangabad.
- A three-judge bench of the Supreme Court allowed the appeal of Colgate Palmolive (India) Ltd with regard to the use of `Suraksha Chakra' in the advertisements of the company's toothpaste.
- The re-launch of Pepsodent in July, and launch of Rs 3.50 a sachet of Pepsodent with a convenient nozzle has helped Colgate-Palmolive to increase its market share.
- The Company has introduced two new variants to its Palmolive Naturals sopa range and has revitalised its sandalwood soap.
- The Company has launch of two new variants in its Palmolive Naturals range of beauty soap lime and milk cream.
- The Company has relaunched Colgate Gel as `Colgate Fresh Energy Gel.'
- Colgate-Palmolive (Nepal) Pvt. Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd, has informed the stock exchange that a small group forcibly entered the plant of Colgate-Palmolive (Nepal) at Hetauda industrial estate and denoted two explosive devices.
- The Company has launch of its International Palmolive Shave Gel and Palmolive Shave Foam in response to growing consumer interest in skin conditioning benefits.
- Colgate has relaunched its Cibaca toothpaste as All New Cibaca Top.
- The Company has entered into a strategic tie-up with Calcutta-based First-net Solutions Ltd, under which both partners will go for joint sales promotion of Colgate Fresh Energy Gel toothpaste on the Web portal, Yantram.com.
- Oral care major Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd. has made a foray into a new category of herbal care with the launch of "Colgate Herbal" touted to be a vehicle for increasing the company's rural market penetration over a period of time.
- Colgate-Palmolive has relaunched its moisturising cold cream Palmolive, Charmis in a new pack.
- Colgate-Palmolive (India) has launched its new Zig Zag toothbrush.
- Colgate India has launched Colgate Navigator toothbrush in India.
- The Company has launched the double-action Palmolive shaving cream -- 2-in-1.
- The Company has launched the Naturals Line of toilet soaps in transparent bars that come in see-through packaging.
- Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd. has launched its biggest national-level consumer promotion involving its toothpaste, toothbrush and soaps.
- Colgate-Palmolive (India) Ltd. has launched international cleaning product -- Ajax in the Indian household products category for summer.
- Colgate Palmolive (India) Ltd on July 18, announced a special one-time dividend of Rs 4.75 per share. The company said this would entail a total outgo of Rs 123.63 crore including the Rs 11.44 crore tax on dividend.
-Graeme Dalziel, appointed as MD Of Colgate Palmolive India for a period of 5 years
-Colgate has hiked its market share from 45.9% to 50.2% in the toothpowder segment with the new strategies of consumer centric promotional initiatives, impactful visibility and an add campaign featuring sunil shetty.
-Percept D'Mark has signed a deal with Colgate Palmolive, to offer miniature of cricket stars in the dental pack.
-Colgate Palmolive has succeeded in the appeal challenging the MRTP Commission order.
-Colgate-Palmolive launched its first miniature collectibles of India's Top Cricketer's 'collect your cricketer' promotion.
-Colagate-Palmolive has divested its stake in its subsidiary Camelot Investment Company.
-Colgate has decided to concentrate on its non-oral care division, by launching an international range of Palmolive Aeromatherapy persoanl care products.
-Introduced 'Colgate Simply White', at-home teeth whitening gel which is priced at Rs.600 for 10ml.
-Colgate has relaunched colgate dental cream with what the company calls a fresher taste and improved germ-fighting performance.
-The Company commences shipment of the "New Superior" Colgate Dental Cream
-The Herbal range was expanded with the launch of a "Herbal White" toothpaste for whitening combined with the benefits of Herbal ingredients
-"Navigator Plus" was launched with its unique characteristics as a premium toothbrush
-An all new range of Aromatherapy products - Shower Gel, Liquid Hand Wash and Bar Soap in 2 variants each were launched under the "Palmolive" brand as a major thrust in the Personal Products portfolio
- Colgate Palmolive Nepal Ltd a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company has temporarily suspended its operations in view of deterioration in general security situation in Hetauda (Nepal)
-Colgate unveils `Simply White' its at-home teeth whitening gel.
-Relaunched Colgate Dental Cream with a fresher taste and improved germ-fighting performance.
-Mr Peter Dam resigned as Director and Chairman of the Board effective close of business hours on December 31, 2003 consequent upon his transfer to Brazil.
-Mr Fabian T Garcia has been appointed as a non-retiring Director and Chairman of the Board effective January 01, 2004 in place of Mr Peter Dam.
-Vikram Kaushik resigns from the Board of Colgate Palmolive India
-Colgate-Palmolive launches shower gel variant
- Unveils Palmolive Aroma Sensual Shower Gel, enriched with a blend of Orchid extract and pure essential oils of jasmine and rose, the gel is priced at Rs 90 for a 250 ml pack.
-Ties up with IDA to creat promote oral health campaign
-Colgate acquires the GABA oral care business in Europe, with its strength in the important European pharmacy channel and its ties with the dental community.
-Colgate-Palmolive unveils Colgate Active Salt toothpaste
-Colgate emerges top brand
-Colgate parent to transfer 20-pc stake to Singapore arm
-Colgate enters the fast-growing Naturals segment by purchasing TomÂs of Maine, a leader in that market in the United States.
-Colgate-Palmolive conducts free dental check-ups
-Colgate Palmolive rolls out Colgate Max Fresh Gel
-Colgate to acquire 84 pc shares of Tom's of Maine
- Colgate-Palmolive India, the market leader in toothpaste in India, declared the acquisition of three domestic companies in south India recently
- Colgate Palmolive India Ltd has appointed Mr. Mukul Deoras as Managing Director of the Company.
- Colgate Palmolive (India) Ltd has appointed Mr. Paul Alton as the Whole-time Director of the Company effective September 01, 2010, subject to the approvals of the Central Government and Shareholders of the Company. Mr. Alton will head the Finance function and be the Chief Financial Officer of the Company.
- Mr. Niket S. Ghate has been appointed as Vice-President - Legal, Company Secretary & Compliance Officer of the company.
-Colgate retains top spot as most trusted brand.
- Dr. (Mrs.) lndu Shahani is been apponted as an Additional Director (Non-Executive Director) of the Company.
-Colgate recognized as Most Social Company- Blueocean Market Intelligence for Economic Times Newspaper.
-In the Brand Footprint Report - Colgate topped the charts for brands that consumers reach out the most.
- The Ethical Brand in FMCG Sector was awarded to Colgate - World CSR Congress.
-Colgate awarded the Best Supplier of the Year 2013 - Tesco India at their Supplier Conference.
-Colgate ranked the No.1 Most Chosen Consumer Brand - In Kantar Worldpanel Brand Footprint Report.
-Commencement of Commercial Production of toothpaste.
-Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited, has launched Colgate Sensitive Pro-ReliefTM (CSPR) Enamel Repair
-Colgate-Palmolive (India) Limited recently launched a new television commercial for its popular youth toothpaste brand - Colgate MaxFresh
-The Company has allotted the Bonus Shares to its shareholders in the Ratio of 1:1.
-Colgate-Palmolive opens toothbrush producting unit in AP
-Colgate Palmolive announces Virat Kohli as brand ambassador for new toothbrush