|Mr. Arjan Lulla started the business in 1977. A partnership firm under the name Jupiter Enterprises was formed on April 1, 1981. The original members of Jupiter Enterprises were Mr. Arjan Lulla, Mr. Kishore Lulla and Ms. Bhagibhai Lulla. Our Company was incorporated on August 19, 1994 under the Companies Act as a private limited company, with the name Rishima International Private Limited. By an agreement dated March 30, 1999, by and among Mr. Sunil Lulla, Mr. Arjan Lulla and our Company, our Company acquired the entire business, including the assets and liabilities of Jupiter Enterprises, with effect from April 1, 1999.
Our Company entered into an agreement with Mr. Arjan Lulla and Mr. Sunil Lulla, the partners of Jupiter Enterprises, dated March 30, 1999, for assignment and transfer of the business of the partnership firm together with all the assets and liabilities of the partnership firm and the benefit of all contracts, assignments and licences and all obligations of the partnership firm on the basis of the balance sheet of the firm as on March 31, 1999. The agreement was effective from April 1, 1999. For more information on the number of Equity Shares acquired by each of Mr. Arjan Lulla and Mr. Sunil Lulla, There was no independent
valuation of Jupiter Enterprises prior to its acquisition by our Company. However, on the basis of the books of accounts of Jupiter Enterprises as on March 31, 1999, the net worth of the firm was Rs. 526.00 lakhs.
The name of our Company changed to Eros Multimedia Private Limited on July 25, 2000. Our name was changed to Eros International Media Private Limited on November 20, 2008. Our Company was converted to a public limited company by a shareholders resolution dated September 16, 2009, following which our name changed to Eros International Media Limited, on November 18, 2009.
1994 Incorporation of our Company and our Subsidiary Eros International Films
1999 Acquired business and assets of Jupiter Enterprises
Commenced selling home entertainment, for instance VCDs and DVDs
2005 Release of our first co-produced film, Waqt
2006 First India theatrical release and music distribution of the film Omkara
Launch of the Eros Music label
2007 Set up VFX operations under our Subsidiary EyeQube
Entered into a shareholderÂs agreement for acquisition of 64.0% in Big Screen Entertainment
2008 Entry into Tamil film industry pursuant to the assignment of the Ayngaran SHA to Copsale, by Eros plc
Incorporation of our Subsidiary Eros Music Publishing for signing lyricists and composers
Joint Venture Agreement with Universal Music India for talent management
India theatrical distribution expansion through offices in Mumbai and Delhi
First release on Blu-Ray high-definition disc format, Heyy Babyy, followed by Om Shanti Om
2009 India theatrical distribution expansion through offices in Punjab and exclusive arrangement for WestBengal
Execution of Settlement Agreements with various film exhibitors
Conversion to a public limited company
-Execution of Relationship Agreement
-Ricky Ghai appointed as Chief Executive Officer of EROS Digital".
-"Eros International & Red Chillies announce brand tie-ups worth Rs. 52 crores for Ra.One".
-"Eros International's ROCKSTAR records a hugely successful opening weekend collection of Rs. 64 crore gross worldwide".
-"Eros International & John Abraham announce the release of Vicky Donor first Book and trailer".
-It has launched online entertainment service, âEros Nowâ to offer digitized Bollywood film content.
-"Eros International acquires international rights of TEZZ".
-"Eros International alings with Vinod Chopra Films for Ferrari ki Sawaari Film to release worldwide on June 15, 2012".
-" Eros International announces the Launch of its online music channel: Eros Now Music on You Tube".
-" Eros International announces satellite television licensing deal with COLORS' Viacom18".
-Eros International ties up with HBO Asia to launch 2 movie channels.
- Eros International and Endemol India announce a strategic alliance to co-produce 3 films and television content.
- Eros International & Multi Screen Media Private Limited (Sony Entertainment) come together in a landmark co-production deal
- HBO Asia and Eros International Media Limited today announced the launch of HBO DEFINED and HBO HITS in India with two of the leading DTH operators, Dish TV and Airtel Digital TV.
- Eros International & AR RahmanÂs YM Movies to produce Hindi Film
- Eros International Media Ltd ("Eros"), a leading global company in the Indian film entertainment industry announced today that it has signed a Term Sheet to acquire a controlling stake in Universal Power Systems Private Limited, trading by the name Techzone, a leading Mobile Value Added Services ("MVAS") provider for telecom operators based in India for an undisclosed sum.
- Eros International Media Limited (ÂErosÂ), a leading global film company in the India film entertainment industry and Viacom18 Motion Pictures, a division of Viacom 18 Media Pvt. Ltd, a joint venture operation in India between Viacom Inc. and the Network18 Group, announced today an international distribution agreement.
- Eros International Media Limited (Eros International), a leading global company in the Indian film entertainment industry has acquired the worldwide rights of the hugely anticipated Tamil multi-entertainer Lingaa, starring superstar Rajinikanth and directed by K.S. Ravikumar.
- Eros International partners with Salman Khan Films for the global distribution rights of Kabir Khan's Bajrangi Bhaijaan & Nikhil Advani's Hero.
- Eros International acquires overseas rights of Dil Dhadakne Do & Bangistan.
-Eros International M - Eros International announces two new Tamil projects Perai Thedia Natkal & Enkitta Mothathe
-Eros International M - Eros International Films Win Big at the Prestigious Sony Guild Awards 2015
- Eros International ties up with UAE's Phars Film for co-production & distribution of Malayalam movies