|1986 - Company was incorporated as Harita Grammer Ltd through a joint venture with Grammer AG of Germany and promoted by Harlta group and Grammer Group.
1989 - It commenced its commercial production.
- It became the first company to launch foam-in-place technology in India in 1989.
1990 - It was first company to launch tractor seats in India with foam-in-place technology.
1991 - Suspended driver seats for off road and commercial vehicles was launched.
- Further company also launched car seats and MUV seats.
1992 - It was the first company to launch deluxe bus passenger seats in India.
1995 - Commenced production from its second plant in Ranjangaon near Pune.
1996 - The company adopted cellular manufacturing techniques to improve productivity.
1997 - Roloforms Polymer had merged its operations with Harita Grammer Ltd.
- Company had launched a range of driver seats that were suitable for semi-arid climate conditions.
1998 - It opened an R&D center.
1999 - Company launched Millennium series of deluxe bus passenger seats with new features.
- Company honoured with QS 9000 award in 1999 for quality management systems.
2000 - 2X1 series of bus seats were launched by the company.
- Honoured with QS9000 certification.
2001 - It commenced direct exports (Direct exports - Decathlon started during 2002).
- Company rewarded with ISO 14001 certification for environmental management.
2002 - In 2002 company was renamed as Harita Seating Systems Limited after terminating its Joint Venture with Grammer AG
- The company entered into the railways segment for luxury passenger and driver seats.
2003 - The company launched 'Innova' plastic seats for city buses for first time in India.
2004 - New generation of suspension platform for driver seats was launched.
- The company had been ranked 857th in the BS 1000 listing of top Indian companies in terms of sales in 2003-2004.
- The company was rewarded with ISO/TS16949 certification.
2005 - Harita Seating Systems Limited had crossed annual turnover of Rs. 1 billion.
-It launched 'Elite' series of bus seat with new features.
2007 - The board of directors had recommended bonus issue of shares to the shareholders in the ratio of one equity share of Rs 10/- each for every one- equity share of Rs 10/- each held by them by capitalizing an equivalent amount standing to the credit of the general reserve account of the company for approval of the shareholders.
- On 13th September 2007, company had approved to increase the authorized share capital of the company from Rs 5,00,00,000 divided into 50,00,000 equity shares of Rs. 10 each to Rs. 10,00,00,000 divided into 1,00,00,000 equity shares of Rs. 10 each.
- The company had fixed 26th November 2007 as the record date for the purpose of issue of bonus shares.
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
-Harita Seating Systems Ltd has appointed Mr. C N Prasad as an independent director, in his place, on the board effective the same date.
- Ms N Iswarya Lakshmi, who is a member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India has been appointed as the Company Secretary and Compliance Officer of the Company.
- Mr. A G Giridharan has been appointed as President and Manager.
- Mr. H Lakshmanan, Director has been re-appointed as Chairman of the Board.
- Mr. Ram Natarajan has been appointed as an additional and independent director of the Company.
- L&T Komatsu best supplier award.
- IMEA Gold Certificate of Merit award.
-Harita Seating wins Tata Motor Long Association Award 2013.
-A G Giridharan, President, who was appointed as Manager, has been re-designated as President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- TAFE Quality Award 2015.