1971 - The company was started in during the year with the enterpreneureship of two
engineers. The Company is one of the largest plastic Processors in India and the
company has production facilities for manufacturing PVC compounds, polypropylene,
brown films, readymade garments, injection moulding of plastic products, Blow
moulding of PET Bottles and containers in various locations in North & West India.
- The company is the first and largest manufacturer of PET Bottles, Jars and containers
in India under the brand name PEARL PET.
- The Company has also obtained approval for packaging of pesticides in PET Bottles.
1984 - The company adopted Japanese Technology to produce polyethlene terphthalate
(PET) Bottles. To strengthen its base, the Japanese Technology was further enhanced
with technical tie up with M/s Fibrenyle Ltd., U.K.
1991 - The 1st phase of expansion programme of the Company for raising the installed
capacity of PET Jars, Bottles & Containers from 21 Million Bottles to 40 Million Bottles
has been completed.
1992 - M/s Pacific Pearl Finance & Leasing Limited, a subsidiary of the Company, was
acquired during the year. The Company has invested a sum of Rs 8,000/- in 800 Equity
Shares of Rs 10/- each of M/s Pacific Pearl Finance & Leasing Limited with this acquisition,
Pacific Pearl Finance & Leasing Limited has become a subsidiary of the Company with
effect from 28th February., 1992.
1993 - The Company has also taken steps to diversify the activities and as a consequence has
promoted a new company "Pearl Engineering Polymers Limited" for the manufacture
of Polyethylene Terephthalate Chips with an installed capacity of 17,250 tpa at Kurkumbh
Industrial Area, Distt. Pune, Maharashtra.
- The Company has made allotment of 4,101,200 No. of equity shares in the month of April.
1994 - The Company has allotted 30 lacs Equity Shares to promoters and associates on
preferential basis and 10 lacs Equity Shares to financial institutions/bodies corporate.
1995 - During the year under review, the Subscribed and Paid-up Capital of the Company was
increased by Rs.4,00,00,000 by issue of Equity Shares to Promoters, Bodies Corporate
and Financial Institutions, for funding the expansion in capacity of the existing units.
1997 - The Company made a private placement of Non-Convertible Debentures for Rs. 2.50
crores with M/s. Sahara India Mutual Benefit Company Limited.
1998 - The Company received INDIA STAR AWARD from Indian Institute of Packaging, Mumbai,
which is the highest award in the Country towards excellence in packaging.
- The company has tied up with major user companies of mineral water, CSD, squash etc.,
to effectively book the capacity being created.
- The Board also approved a variation in the terms of appointment of Mr. Chand Seth.
Chairman & Managing Director, Mr. Harish Seth, Joint Managing Director and Mr. Krishen
Seth, Joint Managing Director (Finance), who were appointed w.e.f. 1st April for a period
of 5 years.
1999 - The Company introduced Two Stage technology for blowing of Pet bottles and has
tied up supply arrangements for the same with Pepsi and Hindustan Lever Limited.
2000 - Crisil has downgraded the rating for the fixed depost programmeof Pearl
Polymers Ltd. from "FA" to "FA-".
- The Company has entered into an agreement with the National Securities Depository
Limited (NSDL) and the Central Depository Service (India) Ltd. (CDSL).
- Mr. B.B. Gupta was appointed as additional director on the Board in January. He was
also appointed as Whole-Time Director for one year w.e.f. 1st February.
- Mr. B B Gupta resigns from the Board of Pearl Polymers Limited w.e.f. April 30, 2004.
-PEARL Polymers Ltd to shift the Registered Office of the Company from Greater Kailash, New Delhi to Rohit House, New Delhi.
-Pearl Polymers Ltd has informed that: "Mr. Chand Seth has been re-appointed as Chairman & Managing Director of the Company for a period of 5 years with effect from 1st April, 2008".
- Pearl Polymers Ltd. has Appointed Mr. Ashish Harish Bhuva as an Additional Director (Independent Director) on the Board of the Company and Mr. Ramesh Mehra, an Existing Independent Director, as an Executive Director of the Company .