|Jai Corp Ltd. is a public limited company which was incorporated in the name of Jai Fibres Ltd. on June 6, 1985 with the Registrar of Companies, Maharashtra at Bombay. The Certificate of Commencement of Business was obtained on June 12, 1985. The company entered the capital market with
a public issue of Rs.30 lakhs in July 1985 towards meeting its working capital requirements required for its business of trading in yarn. The company set up its own manufacturing facility with an installed capacity of 800 t.p.a at Murbad in Maharashtra to manufacture HDPE/PP Woven Sacks and commenced commercial production in January 1987. In February 1987, the company made a rights issue of equity shares at par aggregating to Rs.30 lakhs to meet the long term working capital requirements.
Another unit with an installed capacity ot 1,200 t.p.a was set up at Murbad for manufacturing FIBC fabrics and HDPE/PP Woven sacks. This second unit went on stream in January 1990. The company then set up its third unit at Silvassa,for manufacturing FIBC, popularly known as Jumbo Bags, where the commercial production commenced in February 1992.
The name of the company was changed to Jai Fibre Industries Ltd. by passing a Special Resolution. A fresh certificate consequent to this change was obtained on 6th December, 1993. The name of the Company was again charged to Jai Corp Limited by passing a Special Resolution in the 9th Annual General Meeting held on 13th August, 1994. Consequently a fresh certificate tor change of name to Jai Corp Limited was obtained on 30th August, 1994.
The Company is now setting up a new Unit at Silvassa, for creation of manufacturing facilities for FIBC, Tarpaulins, and Multilayer Bags. The Company's shares are currently listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
2002-Anand Jain resigns from Directorship of Jai Corp.
-Jai Corp signs agreement with ARCIL
-Jai Corp Ltd has appointed Mr. Virendra Jain as the Managing Director of the Company with effect from January 04, 2007, subject to the approval of the members of the Company.
- Jai Corp Limited has informed that "The Board of Directors in its meeting held on 29th June, 2007 has appointed Shri Ashok Tak, Deputy General Manager as the Acting Chief Financial Officer".
-The Company has issued Bonus Shares in the Ratio of 1:1.
- The Company has splits its face value from Rs10/- to Rs1/-.
-Jai Corp Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on May 10, 2008, inter alia, has recommended the appointment of Shri. Anand Jain, who was appointed as Additional Director on September 24, 2007 as a Director of the Company.
- Jai Corp Limited has appointed Shri Anand Jain as a Director of the Company.
- "A dividend of Rs. 0.50 on 4,81,67,010 equity shares of face value of Re.1/- each.
- Shri Rajesh Kumar Mundra has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the Company .
- Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on has recommended : (1) A dividend of Re. 0.01 per share on 1,50,00,000 preference shares of face value of Re. 1/- each.
- Board of Directors of the Company at its meeting held on May 24, 2012, inter alia, has recommended dividend (i) @ Re. 0.01 per Share on 9,999,900 Non Cumulative Non Participating Redeemable Preference Shares of face value of Re. 1/- each and (ii) @ Re. 0.50 per share on 48,157,010 Equity Shares of face value of Rs. 1/- each.
-Jai Corp Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors Recommended a dividend of Re.0.01 per share on 83,49,900 preference shares of face value Re.1/- each and Re. 0.50 per share on 4,81,67,010 equity shares of face value Re.1/- each
-Jai Corp Ltd has informed that the Board of Directors has Recommended a divided of Re. 0.01 per share on 76,74,900 preference shares of face value Rs. 1/- each and Re. 0.50 per share on 4,81,67,010 equity shares of face value Re. 1/- each.