1991 - The Company was incorporated on 30th July. The Company has been
been promoted by Punjab Agro Industries Corporation Ltd. (PAIC),
in the joint sector with Rana Gurjeet Singh & Associates. The
Company proposes to set up a sugar factory with an installed
capacity of 2500 TCD along with the facilities for the
co-generation of 5 MW powers.
1993 - 61,00,000 No. of Equity shares of Rs 10 each for cash at par
allotted to Punjab Agro Industries Corporation (PAIC). 36,50,000
No. of Equity shares of Rs 10 each for cash at par allotted to
Private Promoters. 115,50,000 No. of Equity shares of Rs 10 each
for cash at par allotted to the Indian Public.
1995 - The Company also proposes to expand its capacity and diversify in
other products in due course of time. The Company has achieved
excellent quality of its product.
- The Company has installed most modern equipments to save and
minimize energy consumption. The Company has installed two turbo
alternate sets of 2500 KW each with aggregate power generation
capacity of 5000 KW.
- The Company has also installed electrical motors of appropriate
size and continuous centrifugals in place of batch type
1996 - The Company has taken up the expansion programme of its crushing
capacity from 2500 TCD to 5000 TCD.
1997 - The Company has also taken up project regarding co-generation of
surplus power and has submitted necessary applications for
financial assistance to Government Agencies/Financial
Institutions which are under their consideration.
1998 - No news.
1999 - The sugarcane Production was affected by serious diseases like
2000 - No news.
-Rana Sugars Ltd appointed Rana Ranjit Singh as Chairman and Rana Inder Pratap Singh as Managing Director (MD) on January 31, 2006,
- The Company has completed expansion of its power co-generation capacity from 20 MW to 30 MW and has started its trial.
- The Company has been allocated Country Liquor Quota of 4813707 PL by the Punjab Excise Department.
- The Board of Directors have allotted 2,85,00,000 warrants convertible into equity shares of Rs.10/- each at a premium of Rs.1.50 per share to promoters / other investors.
- The Company has entered into an Agreement for sale of power through Tata Power Co. Ltd.
- The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) has approved Carbon Credits to Rana Sugars Ltd. for using Green Energy for its Bagasse based Cogeneration Power Project situated at District Amritsar, Punjab.
-Rana Sugars Ltd approved signing and execution of Joint Venture Agreement(s) and other related documents with Sindicatum Captive Energy Singapore Pte, Limited for running, controlling and making investments in Rana Energy Limited and Rana Green Power Limited.