1989 - The Company was originally incorporated on 14th August, as Surana
Petro Products Private Ltd.
1993 - The Company subsequently converted into a Public Limited Company
on 9th July, with its registered office at 5th floor, Surya
Towers, S.P. Road, Secunderabad and factory at 214 & 215/a IDA
1994 - The name was changed to Surana Telecom Limited on 5th August.
- The company is presently engaged in manufacture of heat
shrinkable jointing kits,cable splicing/filling compounds, wire
connectors, end caps, Modular Connectors and HDPE pipes. The
company is now diversifying into manufacture of Optical Fibre
- The Company had gone in for a Public Issue of 21,46,400 No. of
Equity Shares on 7th November.
1995 - The Company has a tie-up with Amritsu of Japan for the
manufacture and sale of PCM and Optical test equipment. The
Company has entered into the manufacture of other telecom
products like drop wire connectors and other products which are
not in use in the country.
1998 - The Company has during the year received the ISO quality
certification for both the Jelly Filled Telephone cable and the
Jointing Kits divisions.
2000 - Sriven Multi-Tech Ltd entered into a memorandum of understanding
with Surana Telecom Ltd. for setting up a 60:40 joint venture
company which would be an Internet service provider (ISP) and
also provide services of high handwidth network in the country
through fibre optic cables.
- The Company propose to make strategic investment in a joint
venture company to be promoted with Sriven Multitech Ltd, for
carrying on the business of ISP applications in Hyderabad.
- Surana Telecom Ltd, the city-based telecom cable manufacturer, is setting
up a joint venture with Germany-based Crone Communications and the
Calcutta-based Nicco Corporation to manufacture poyolefin, heat-shrinkable,
- Surana Telecom Ltd. proposes to enter into memoranda of understanding
with Nicco Corporation Ltd of Calcutta and Krone Communications of Germany
to form a joint venture company.
- Surana Telecom Ltd is setting up optical fibre, raw material for manufacturing
fibre optic cable, unit with an annual capacity of 2.5 lakh km per annum with
Rs 11 crore investment.
2002-Surana Telecom Ltd has informed BSE that Mr S Balachandra has been appointed as Company Secretary and Compliance Officer with effect from December 12, 2002.
2003-Surana Telecom Ltd has informed BSE that Shri K K Gupta, Executive Director of the Company, has resigned from the Board of Directors of the Company with effect from December 15, 2002.
- Shri Narender Suranan, Managing Director of Surana Telecom Limited had purchased 32740 shares of the Company comprising 0.29% of the paid-up capital of the Company for a consideration of Rs.5,70,790.45/- and sold 50 shares of the Company comprising 0.00044% for a consideration of Rs.797.50/- .
-Voluntary delisting of the equity shares of the Company from the Hyderabad Stock Exchange.
-Enters into MOU with Huawei Telecommunications India Pvt. Ltd on December 17, 2003, for participating in the tender for supply of CDMA Integrated Fixed Wireless Terminals
-Surana Telecom Ltd. has appointed Shri S Balasubramanian as Additional Director
-Surana Tele forges alliance with Huawei Tech
-Surana Telecom signs MoU with ZTE Corporation, China for supply of STM 1, 4 and 16 equipment to MTNL and other Telecom Operators in India
- Company has splits its Face value of Shares from Rs 10 to Rs 5
-Surana Telecom Ltd has informed that Shri Narendra Surana, Managing Director of the Company whose period of office is due to expire on February 18, 2007, has been re-appointed as Managing Director with effect from January 18, 2007 for a period of 5 years i.e. upto January 17, 2012.
-Surana Telecom Ltd. has appointed Mr. P.Rajesh Kumar Jain, B.Com., LL.B., A.C.S., (ICSI Membership No. 19648) as Company Secretary with effect from 15th February, 2007.
-Surana Telecom Ltd has informed that the name of the Company has been change from "Surana Telecom Ltd" to "Surana Telecom and Power Ltd" w.e.f. October 11, 2007.
- Board has recommended a dividend @ 20% (Re 1/- per share of Rs 5/- each).
- Board has recommended a Dividend @ 15% (Re 0.75 per Equity Share
- Board has recommended a dividend @ 10% (Re. 0.50 per Equity Share)
- Board has recommended a dividend @10% (Re. 0.50 per equity share).
- Board has recommended a dividend @ 10% (Re. 0.50 per equity share).
- Board has recommended a dividend @ 12% (Re.0.60 per equity share).
- Board has recommended a dividend @ 12% (Re. 0.60 per Equity Share).
- Surana Telecom and Power bags order worth Rs 60cr
-Surana Telecom and Power has splits its face value from Rs 5/- to 1/-