1982 - The Company was incorporated on 6th September, 1982 at Chennai.
The Company manufactures midget electrodes (carbon rods). Shri P
Obul Reddy and Shri S R Jiwarajka are the promoters of the
- The Company entered into a technical and financial collaboration
agreement with Matushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd., of Japan
for rendering technical assistance and supplying know-how for the
project. The collaborators would grant to the Company a
non-exclusive licence to manufacture the product in India.
- 90 shares allotted to signatories to the Memorandum of
1984 - 24,99,910 shares issued. 6,66,610 shares allotted to promoters,
directors and associates, 10,00,000 shares to Matsushita Electric
Industrial Co., Ltd., 10,000 shares reserved for preferential
allotment to working Indian directors, employees and business
associates and the remaining 8,23,000 shares issued to the
1988 - The Company entered into a fresh collaboration agreement with
M/s. Matsushita Electrical Industrial Co. Ltd., their existing
collaborators, for manufacture of one more variety of carbon rods
with high purity graphite as main material.
1993 - 5,00,000 Bonus shares issued in prop. 1:5.
1994 - The Company offered 18,00,000 No. of equity shares of Rs 10 each
at a premium of Rs 15 per share. Out of which 12,48,000 No. of
equity shares reserved for firm allotment to Matsushita Battery
Industrial Co. Ltd. (all were taken up).
- Another 3,72,000 No. of equity shares reserved for firm allotment
to Indian Promoters, directors and their associates. (All were
taken up). Remaining 1,80,000 No. of equity shares were offered
to the existing shareholders in prop. 1:10. (All were taken up).
1997 - During the year new tunnel kiln was commissioned for commercial
operation thereby expanding capacity to 1200 million pieces.
2002-Indo Matsushita Carbon Co Ltd has informed BSE that Mr Tomio Kawabe has been appointed as Director of the Company effective July 31, 2002 in place of Mr Morihiro Sato who has tendered his resignation effective that date.The above changes have been approved at the Board meeting held on July 31, 2002.
-Company has changed its name from Indo Matsushita Carbon Company Ltd. to Panasonic Carbon India Co. Ltd.
-Panasonic Carbon India Company Ltd has appointed Mr. R Senthil Kumar as Director and Managing Director of the Company.
- The Board of Directors of the Company has recommended dividend of 70% on the Paid-up Equity share capital of Rs 480 Lakhs (Rs 7/- per share).
- The appointment of Mr. Naoto Noguchi as Director was accepted by the Board.
- Mr. Hiroyuki Auta has been appointed as an Additional Director by the Board.
- Mr. K. K. Jiwarajka has been appointed as a Director by the Board.
- Appointed Mr. Hideo Nakano and Mr. Mikio Morikawa as Directors.
- Mr. P. Karthik Anand Reddy was appointed as a Director.
- The Board of Directors of the Company, has recommended dividend of 70% (Rs. 7/- per share) on the Paid-up Equity Share Capital of Rs. 480 Lakhs.
- Mr. Manoranjan Ray Mohapatra has been appointed as new Company Secretary cum Compliance officer.
- The Board of Directors of the Company has recommended a dividend of 70% (Rs. 7/- per share) on the Paid-up Equity Share Capital of Rs. 480 Lakhs.
-Company has recommended a dividend of Rs. 7/- per Share (70%).
-Panasonic Carbon has recommended a dividend of Rs. 7/- Per Share (70%).