Shares of the sugar manufacturers were trading at a higher rate despite the current weak market after government imposed a limit on the amount of sugar that the mills can sell in the market during the month of February and March.
As the world's second-largest producer of sugar, the Indian government on Thursday made the decision to boost its falling prices.
Mills need to hold at least 83% of the opening stock of January as inventory by the end of February and 86% of February by the end of March.
As of now, on NSE
- Dwarikesh Sugar Industries up 6.1 percent
- Dalmia Bharat Sugar up 3.3 percent
- Avadh Sugar up 15.7 percent
- Uttam Sugar Mills 6.2 percent
- Dhampur Sugar up 6.1 percent
- Mawana Sugars up 6.5 percent
- Shree Renuka Sugarup 3.1 percent