There are numerous bank holidays in Chandigarh. These include the popular national holidays, as well as the holidays that are so typical to Chandigarh. Among the popular public holidays the Republic Day, Independence Day and Gandhi Jayanthi.
|Date & Month||Day||Holiday|
|January 12||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|January 26||Saturday||Republic Day|
|February 9||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|February 19||Tuesday||Guru Ravidas Jayanti|
|February 23||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|March 4||Monday||Maha Shivaratri|
|March 9||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|March 23||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|April 13||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|April 14||Sunday||Ram Navami|
|April 19||Friday||Good Friday|
|April 27||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|May 11||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|May 25||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|June 5||Wednesday||Idul Fitr|
|June 8||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|June 22||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|July 13||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|July 27||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|August 10||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|August 12||Monday||Bakrid / Eid al Adha|
|August 15||Thursday||Independence Day|
|August 24||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|September 14||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|September 28||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|October 2||Wednesday||Gandhi Jayanti|
|October 8||Tuesday||Vijaya Dashami|
|October 12||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|October 13||Sunday||Maharishi Valmiki Jayanti|
|October 26||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|November 9||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|November 10||Sunday||Eid e Milad|
|November 12||Tuesday||Guru Nanak Jayanti|
|November 23||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
|December 14||Saturday||Second Saturday Bank Holiday|
|December 25||Wednesday||Christmas Day|
|December 28||Saturday||Fourth Saturday Bank Holiday|
Every year there will be long weekends, and there are many places around Chandigarh which one can visit to get relieved from work stress and those places are as follows;
4) Tirthan Valley
1) Shimla - Shimla which is the most popular hill station in North India is just less than 100 kms away from Chandigarh.Shimla is one of the most eminent tourist destination in the India. During public holidays in Chandigarh, Shimla will be the most advisable place to visit.
2) Manali - Manali is one of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring hill stations in this India. Manali is also one of the most visited tourist destinations in India. During government holidays in Punjab, this is also a great option to consider. In Manali there will be great many options such as trekking, paragliding, skiing, zorbing, white water rafting etc.
3) Rishikesh - Rishikesh which is foothills of Himalayas is the full of ancient temples, yoga ashrams, and adventure sports. Rishikesh is nearly 200 km's away from Chandigarh and is a great option to consider during bank holidays in Chandigarh.
4) Tirthan Valley - Tirthan Valley which is nearly 170 km's away from Chandigarh also an option to visit during public holidays in Chandigarh. Tritan Valley is a paradise for adventurous activities and nature lovers. Tirthan Valley is an amazing holiday destination and a great place to visit for those holidaymakers who seek adventure as well as peace.
5) Khajjiar - Khajjiar which is nearly 275 km's away from Chandigarh is a great place to visit during bank holidays in Chandigarh. Khajjiar is called as mini-Switzerland of India. Khajjiar is known for its nine-hole golf course and it is surrounded by green meadows, dense forests and beautiful temples. This place is a great option for adventure seekers and has a lot of options in adventure sports like paragliding, horse riding, zorbing, trekking etc.
A lot of people will be waiting for a bank holiday in Chandigarh, but they will feel blank when the holiday comes and wastes the day thinking what to do. Always having a pre-plan for things you want to do will very helpful and productive.
The best thing to do to spend a bank holiday in Chandigarh productively is by planning the upcoming week or month which depends on your plan. You should make a list of things which you want to do and schedule them. Here is a list of things you must be doing every day.
Work Schedule - It will be better if you make work schedule on a bank holiday in Chandigarh. It depends on what kind work you do. Make a plan in such a way that you should finish the things or reach your target within the given time.
Family Schedule - Family Schedule is also an essential thing to do. You should make some time to spend time with your family every day. Like helping kids with their home works or planning to play some game with them every day etc. Making schedule will assist you to categorize things and to plan that, a bank holiday in Chandigarh will be a perfect time for it.