India is at the point of digitization and there are a lot of developments in government systems towards making Digital India.
To achieve the objective of digitization, the data are being organized efficiently through the digital process. Aadhar card is one of the major improvement systems in the modern era. Aadhar card is a 12 digit unique identity card, which is a combination of alphabets and numbers. Aadhar card is provided by the UIDAI(Unique Identification Authority of India). UIDAI is operated by the Planning Commission of India. Aadhar card helps to store and collect the biometric and demographic data of Individuals.
To enrol for an Aadhar card, the applicant has to visit the nearby Aadhar enrollment centre and submit documents and details like biometric details and a photograph. There is also an electronic version of the Aadhar card that is e-aadhar. e-Aadhar can be downloaded online by providing the resident or individuals Aadhar Enrollment ID. There is no application fee for Aadhar Registration.
Aadhar Enrollment Form is free and voluntary form. No charges are applicable for Aadhar enrollment form. If in case of correction, you have to provide your EID (Enrollment ID), name and only that field which needs correction. The correction will be done within 96 hours of enrollment and is free of cost.
The Aadhar Enrollment/Correction Form includes the following details in which the applicant has to fill. Please note that you have to fill the following details in Capital letters only. The details include:
1. Pre - Enrollment ID
2. NPR (National Population Register) Receipt / TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number) Number
3. Full Name
7. Details of Applicant's family members
8. For Documents based: Provide documents like POI(Proof of Identity), POA (Proof of Address), DOB(Date of Birth), POR(Proof of Relationship and Residence).
9. For Introducer based: Residents who do not have the required documents like Proof of Identity(POI) Or Proof of Address(POA) can apply for an Aadhar card through the help of Introducer. An introducer is a person who has identified and authorized by Regional offices.
10. For HOF (Head of Family) Based: Provide details of your family members and HOF's EID/Aadhar Number.
11. Write your name in the section where you hereby confirm the identity and address as being true, correct and accurate.
12. Signature should be made in Signature of Introducer/HOF section in the form.
13. Applicant Signature / Thumbprint should be made by the Applicant in the Applicant Signature / Thump print section in the form.
Please Note: Other details like verifier's Stamp and signature, date and time of enrollment will be filled by the Enrollment Agency only.
Use Capital Letters Only
The Aadhaar enrollment form should be filled up only in capital letters or by using upper case letters only. The reason behind using capital letters is they will be easy to identify, bigger and less prone to stylistic difference. It will also help to minimize the mistakes made by the Aadhaar Card centre staff at the time of entering data into the system.
One should write legibly at the time of filling in the Aadhaar Enrollment Form. If in case, the handwriting is not legible there is a possibility of mistakes on the card and there may be a delay in the whole process as the process of correction of Aadhaar card and getting a valid one will take more time.
It consists of instructions to be followed by the applicant in filling up the enrolment form. It consists of the following fields as below:
To apply for Aadhar card, the applicant needs to carry certain documents like POI documents, POA documents, POR documents and DOB documents. The applicant needs to carry any list of POI, POA, POR, DOB documents for the process of applying for an Aadhar Card.
The applicant can enrol and get an Aadhar Card by filling up an Aadhar Enrollment form by visiting an Aadhar Enrollment Centers or by online official Portal of UIDAI. In the process of applying, the applicant should attach the necessary documents which are required for getting Aadhar Card. The documents submitted by the applicant will be verified by the Aadhar Card Verifiers. There is a certain list of documents to be provided by the applicant which is given below:
List of POI (Proof of Identity) documents
An applicant can submit any of the supporting documents. It is accepted by the UIDAI. They are as follows:
2. PAN card
3. Ration/PDS(Public Distribution System) Photo Card
4. Voter ID
5. Driving License
6. Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
7. MGNREGS (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme) Job Card
8. Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institutions
9. Arms License
10. Photo Bank ATM Card
11. Photo Credit Card
12. Pensioner Photo Card
13. Freedom Fighter Photo Card
14. Kissan Photo Passbook
15. CGHS(Central Government Health Scheme) / ECHS (Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme) Photo Card
16. Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
17. Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on Letterhead
18. Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT Government/Administrations
List of POA (Proof of Address) documents
The applicant can submit any of these documents. They are as follows:
2. Bank Statement/Passbook
3. Post Office Account Statement/Passbook
4. Voter ID of an applicant
5. Ration Card of an applicant
6. Driving License of an applicant
7. Government Photo ID cards/ service photo identity card issued by PSU
8. Electricity Bill(not be older than 3 months)
9. Water Bill(not be older than 3 months)
10. Telephone Landline Bill (not be older than 3 months)
11. Property Tax Receipt(not be older than 1 year)
12. Credit Card Statement(not be older than 3 months)
13. Insurance Policy
14. A signed letter having Photo issued by Registered Company on letterhead
15. A signed letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
17. NREGS Job Card
18. Arms License
19. Pensioner Card
20. Kissan Passbook
21. Freedom Fighter Card
22. CGHS(Central Government Health Scheme) / ECHS(Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme) / ESIC(Employee State Insurance Corporation)
23. Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead
24. Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equivalent authority(for rural areas)
25. Income Tax Assessment Order
26. Vehicle Registration Certificate
27. Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
28. Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
29. Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
30. Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT
31. Gas Connection Bill (not be older than 3 months)
32. Passport of Spouse
33. Passport of Parents(that is in case of a minor)
34. Allotment letter of accommodation issued by Central/State Govt. (not be more than 3 years old)
35. Marriage Certificate issued by the Government containing the address
List of POR (Proof of Relationships) documents
The applicant can submit any of these documents. They are as follows:
1. PDS(Public Distribution System) Card
2. MNREGA Job Card
3. CGHS(Central Government Health Scheme) / ECHS (Ex-Servicemen Contributory Health Scheme) / ESIC(Employee State Insurance Corporation) Medical Card
4. Pension Card
5. Army Canteen Card
6. Birth Certificate issued by Registrar of Birth, Municipal Corporation and Other notified local government bodies like Taluk, Tehsil etc.
7. Any other Central/State government issued a family entitlement document
8. Marriage Certificate issued by the Government.
List of DOB (Date of Birth) documents
The applicant can submit any of these documents. They are as follows
1. Birth Certificate
2. SSLC Book/Certificate
4. PAN Card
5. Date of Birth Certificate issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on Letterhead
6. Mark sheet issued by any Govt. Board or University
7. Government Photo ID Card/ Photo Identity Card issued by PSU containing DOB.
8. Central / State Pension payment order
9. Central Government Health Service Scheme photo card or Ex-Servicemen