After the introduction of Aadhar cards in India, the government of India has made it mandatory for all the account holders to link their respective bank accounts with aadhar number.
On the other hand, banks are also notified to deactivate those accounts which are not linked with aadhaar number. The linking of aadhar with bank account can be done in two ways, both online mode and offline mode.
Individuals who do not have net banking facilities can physically visit the respective branch of the bank and follow the below-mentioned steps to accomplish the linking process of Aadhaar with respective bank account:
Please Note: You will have to carry the original Aadhar card to the bank for verification purpose.
Linking of the bank account with Aadhaar via internet banking is a very easy and quick process. A customer can complete this procedure sitting comfortably at home or in office. The following are the list of steps which one has to follow to link the Aadhaar card with bank account via online mode:
Below are the steps to link aadhaar with bank account at nearest ATM
As the government of India has made it mandatory to link aadhar with a bank account, all the banks in India have provided a facility to its account holder to download the mobile app in their phone and link their aadhar number with a bank account.
1. Log in to your bank’s mobile app.
2. Now select the option to view your aadhaar details which will be under ‘Service Request’.
3. Proceed further and fill in all the requested aadhar details in it and submit the same.
4. After verification of the details, you will receive a message which states that the aadhaar number has been successfully linked to your bank account.
An account holder can also opt to link his aadhar number with bank account by sending an SMS and in this procedure, the account holder has to initiate the process by sending a text message to a particular number as provided by the bank.
1. Follow the format by first typing your 12 – digit UID Aadhaar number followed by your bank’s account number.
2. Now send the message to the specific number provided by the bank.
3. After sending the message, you will receive a service request which informs the initiation of the linking process.
4. Post verification of details with UIDAI, your account will automatically get linked with your bank account.
Customers who have either initiated the process of linking can check if their bank account has been linked to the aadhar card or not by following the below-mentioned procedure:
1. Visit the official web portal of UIDAI
2. Select the option ‘Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status’
3. This will redirect to a new page wherein you will be asked to enter your 12 digits unique UID number followed by the security code.
4. Now click on the option Send OTP.
5. An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number in aadhaar.
6. Log in with your OTP and this will redirect you to a new page wherein it will show that your aadhaar mapping is done.