LPG price in Bhopal, are largely dependent on international prices of crude. When these go higher, LPG cylinder rates in Bhopal also tend to move higher. For the poorer sections, the government has subsidized these prices. Cooking gas is now easily accessible to most of the population in Bhopal. Prices of LPG cylinders today in Bhopal is at ₹ 887.00 These are revised every month by the government of India. LPG is known to be a very clean fuel, which is why it is preferred. There has been a substantial rise in the use of this gas for domestic and commercial purposes over the last few years.
|Sep 2018||₹ 827.50||₹ -1.00|
|Aug 2018||₹ 828.50||₹ 30.50|
|Jul 2018||₹ 798.00||₹ 36.00|
|Jun 2018||₹ 762.00||₹ 54.00|
|May 2018||₹ 708.00||₹ 48.00|
|Apr 2018||₹ 660.00||₹ -2.50|
|Mar 2018||₹ 662.50||₹ -35.50|
|Feb 2018||₹ 698.00||₹ -30.50|
|Jan 2018||₹ 728.50||₹ 0.00|
The term LPG stands for Liquefied Petroleum Gas. It is also known as butane or propane. It is used as a fuel for cooking purpose apart from its use in heating equipment and for powering vehicles.
LPG is considered as one of the economical, safest and eco-friendly healthy cooking fuel. It is mostly used for cooking purpose in urban and semi-urban areas. Off lately, the LPG is being extensively used by the rural households also in India after the introduction of Ujjwala scheme.
Apart from the domestic use, the LPG is used for other various purposes and it includes:
• Process Industries – In textile, glass, automobile industry, electronics industry.
• Fabrication – For homogeneous temperature bath for melting operations with sulphur, lead, carbon-free burning.
• Aerosol – Used as a propellant in case of aerosol cartridges.
• Metal Cutting – It helps in providing stable high temperature required for cutting a metal apart from providing clean cuts.
• Kiln & Furnaces – Used in ceramic, brick kilns, heat treatment, crematoriums, incinerators and so on.
• Agriculture for greenhouses, flame weeding, crop drying
• Business & Industry for forklifts, ovens, boilers, furnaces
• Transportation for taxis, buses, autogas, commercial vehicles
• Live Stock for Poultry Sheds, Diaries, Piggeries and so on.
• Electricity Generation in the case of generators, Co-gen, Tri-gen and Gas Turbines