Individuals who already have an aadhar card and wants to get the details updated or corrected can do so by filling in the Aadhaar Card Correction Form which is available both in the UIDAI’s website or at any of the Aadhaar Enrollment Center.
Any kind of incorrect or wrong data in the aadhar card can cause issues at a later point of time, so to avoid the future consequences head out to the nearest aadhaar enrollment centre and get the aadhar details corrected at the earliest. Updating the Aadhaar card will allow the people to carry the latest information in the Aadhaar.
Aadhar Card Correction in Online – UIDAI Website
Aadhaar Cardholders can make corrections or updates to your residential address via online mode. One has to first log in to the UIDAI self-service portal to do the corrections.
- First, log in to the official web portal of UIDAI using your Aadhaar number or Virtual ID (16 digit number which is temporarily assigned to your Aadhaar number to facilitate authentication or e-KYC.)
- Enter the Captcha Verification
- Now select the option ‘Send OTP’
- Now you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number with aadhar card
- Enter the received OTP in the suggested field and click on ‘Login’
- The new page will give the users with two options to update the address:
a) Update Address via Address Proof
b) Update Address via Secret Code (if you already have an Address Validation Letter)
- If you opt for ‘Update Address via Address Proof’ then the next screen will show you your current address followed by the option to enter your new address
- Enter all the relevant details of your new address and click on ‘Preview’
- You can either ‘Edit’ the information or ‘Submit’ it after ticking on the consent statement.
- Now upload the original scanned copy of the valid Proof of Address
After submission of the request, you will be receiving an Update Request Number (URN). You can track the status of your address change/correction request online on the Aadhaar portal using this number.
Procedure to submit Aadhaar Card Correction Form – Offline at Aadhaar Enrollment Centre or Update Centre
- Visit the Aadhaar Enrollment Centre near you or Aadhar Update Centre from where you can obtain the relevant form and duly fill-up the form.
- Download the form, fill it up and then visit the nearest Aadhar Enrollment Centre near you.
- Do carry all the relevant necessary documents along with the form as they are required to verify any of the corrections or changes that you are requesting for.
- Submit the forms along with relevant documents to the operator at the enrollment centre.
- The operator will go through the form and will verify the information submitted by you
- Post submission of the form, check the status of your request on the UIDAI self-service portal.
Instructions for Filling Up Aadhaar Correction Form
The Aadhaar Correction Form/ Enrollment Form is available at all the enrollment or update centres or you can even get it online in PDF form on the UIDAI website.
As the Aadhaar Enrollment / Correction Form is the same, one might get confused as to what information should be filled in while submitting the correction/rectification request. One should follow the simple rule by following only the below-mentioned details:
- The 28 digit Enrollment ID (EID) which consists of the enrollment number, date and the time stamp
- Field or fields which needs to be corrected
- Your Name as given in Aadhaar Card
Do’s and Don’ts while Filling up Aadhaar Update Form
- All the fields in the form should be filled up for updating.
- The Aadhaar Update Form should be filled using capital letters.
- The names should not have any salutations like Mr, Ms, Mrs, Dr.
- It is mandatory to provide your mobile number in the form for any updates to take place. Make sure that the form is filled only with the current and relevant details.
- Attach all the relevant and supporting documents for the update form.
- Enter your name clearly along with signature or thumb impressions while self-attesting the supporting documents.
- Providing inadequate and incorrect information and lack of supporting documents will lead to the rejection of the application.
- Ensure that you provide the complete address in the Aadhar Update Form because the aadhaar card will be dispatched to that particular address.
- Duly fill in the form either in English or in the respective local language used at the time of Aadhar enrollment.
Meaning of different fields in Aadhaar Correction Form
The applicant should provide his/her full name as per the legal records without any salutations. One should produce relevant valid proof of identification such as PAN Card, Driving Licence, Voters ID and so on.
Select the gender option accordingly.
Age or Date of Birth (DoB)
Applicants should enter the date of birth in DDMMYYYY format. One should provide the correct and accurate information to avoid discrepancies at a later stage. If in case, if a family member is unaware of the exact date of birth, then you can enter the estimated age in years.
If the applicant has valid documentary evidence to support their date of birth then tick against ‘Verified’ option and if you do not have any proof then select ‘Declared’ option.
One should always provide the accurate and correct residential address in full and should always carry an original proof of address to the enrollment centre for verification. The residential address forms the important aspect of the Aadhaar card as post successful completion of the enrollment process, the card will be sent to the aforementioned address. If in case, if you make an error in the address, then you will not receive the aadhaar card.
Along with the address, also include your mobile number and e-mail address. The mobile number and email id provided here will become the registered mobile number and registered email id with aadhaar card.
If the aadhaar applicant is a child who is aged below 5 years, then the name and the aadhaar number of the father, mother or guardian has to be compulsorily provided in the form.
Note: This section is not compulsory for adults.
In this section, mention the list of supporting documents which you will be submitting PoA (Proof of Address), POI (Proof of Identity), DOB (Date of Birth) and PoR (Proof of Relationship).
If in case, the applicant does not have a valid proof of identity or address, then they can use the verification based on Head of the Family (HoF) or introducer. In such cases, it is mandatory to provide the EID number or Aadhaar number of the HoF or Introducer.
The Mandatory details to fill in the Aadhaar Correction Form:
The Aadhaar Correction / Enrollment form is available in UIDAI website or any aadhaar enrollment centre and it is used for enrolling and updating details in the Aadhaar card. You can use this form for both processes. An applicant has to fill the following details in the Aadhaar card correction/update form while applying for correction in the Aadhaar card:
- Pre-enrollment ID
- NPR number
- Provide all the address details including the e-mail id and mobile number.
- Aadhaar details of Parents/Guardians(Father / Mother / Guardian / Husband / Wife/Guardian). In case the child age is below 5 years of age, you need to submit the details of Father / Mother / Guardian.
- The valid documents of proof of identity, proof of address and proof of date of birth.
- Introducer’s / HoF’s details, if required
- Applicant's signature/thumbprint
Points to keep in mind when filling the Aadhaar correction form:
The Aadhaar Correction Form should be completed when you go to update your Aadhaar information. Always keep in mind the following points when filling out the Aadhaar Correction Form while correcting your Aadhaar card:
- The Aadhaar Correction Form is available at the Aadhaar Enrollment Center and is free of cost.
- The form can also be downloaded from the UIDAI website.
- People have to pay Rs.50 rupees fees for Aadhaar correction/update.
- One person can update as many details as they want at a time.
- In case the requestor requests to update various details one by one, they have to pay the fee every time they come for an update.
- Only the address can be updated online and through the mail.
- Applicant should visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Center and complete the Aadhaar Card Correction Form to update any other details.
- You must submit the relevant documents to prove that the update request is valid and that the details provided are genuine.
- You do not have to complete the Aadhaar correction form if you update your address online.
- You must complete the Aadhaar Correction Form and send it to UIDAI's address along with the relevant supporting documents if you want to update the address by mail.