Paytm is one of the Indian e-commerce payment system and a financial technology company whose headquarters is located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Paytm was founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma. The company was initiated in August 2010, with an initial investment of $2 million. Initially, it started as a prepaid mobile and DTH recharge platform and later it added postpaid mobile recharge, data card, landline bill payments during the year 2013.
During January 2014, the Paytm successfully launched the Paytm Wallet and got a boost as even the Indian Railways and Uber added it as a payment option to promote e-commerce payments in India.
Later, the firm launched its e-commerce with online deals and bus ticketing broadening its area of service to its customers.
The company spearheaded its performance and registered a user base of 104 million in August 2015, as against its earlier record of 11.8 million during August 2014. Slowly it unveiled more use-cases and included metro recharges, water, electricity, gas bill payments, education fees, movie tickets booking, events and amusement parks ticketing, flight tickets booking and so on.
In 2016, it launched gift cards and rail bookings.
Today even small merchants can be seen using the Paytm Wallet at their stores or kirana shops in India.
Another big feature of the Paytm was the recent ability to pay for toll charges, through the Paytm FASTag. You need to login and recharge your FASTag through Paytm.
By using Paytm Wallet App, users can easily pay for services at stores, send and receive money using the app, opt for online purchases and the list goes on.
All that the customers have to do is to use the BHIM UPI on the app by linking their respective bank account with UPI address.
Paytm Wallet App can be used to
Step 1: First download the Paytm App in your respective mobile phone
Step 2: Now click on the ‘Add Money’ option on the home screen.
Step 3: Enter the amount which needs to be added and click on ‘Add Money’
Step 4: Now choose the method of payment and click on the ‘Pay Now’ option
Step 5: A confirmation message will get displayed on the screen.
Paytm app has revolutionized the payment mechanism across the retail stores, hotels, petrol pumps, restaurants, cafes, theatres and so on.
Step 1: First download the app and add money
Step 2: Proceed further and go to the home screen and click on ‘Pay or Send’ option
Step 3: Now scan the QR code of the merchant to make the payment.
Step 4: Under the ‘Enter Amount’ tab, enter the value and confirm payment
Step 5: After this, a confirmation message will get displayed on screen showing the results of successful payment
Step 1: First launch the Paytm wallet on your mobile phone and choose the ‘Pay and Send’ icon.
Step 2: Now proceed further and choose the ‘Send to Bank’ option.
Step 3: Enter the beneficiary name, IFSC code and account number
Step 4: Enter the amount of money that needs to be sent to the bank account.
Step 5: If you are willing to enter any remarks, then you can do so as there is an option for doing the same.
Step 6: Proceed further and click on the ‘Send’ option to complete the transaction.
1. How to do KYC in Paytm?
To do your KYC in Paytm, you must log into your account on the Paytm application and follow these steps:
Step1 : Go to the "My profile settings" section in the Paytm application.
Step2 : Press ‘Fill in your KYC’
Step3 : Select your state and district
Step4 : You will see a list of KYC centres according to the details you have filled out. Go to the nearest KYC centre to complete your KYC. You will need to carry the required documents such as the Aadhar card, voter ID card, PAN card, etc.
2. How do I get free Paytm cashback?
You can get free Paytm cashback by applying promotional codes at the time of making your transactions. Tap "Cashback" in the upper right corner of your Paytm app to find promotional codes and daily deals. You can get extra cashback chances by purchasing a gift voucher on Paytm.
3. How to use Paytm?
You can use Paytm for many different things such as online recharging, shopping, payment of fees, invoices and much more. You will need at least one of your bank account on your Paytm account and then you can take advantage of one of the fastest online transactions and payment service.
4. What is Paytm?
Paytm stands for Pay through mobile and it is the largest payment and mobile commerce platform in India. It allows the user to transfer money instantly to anyone at no cost using the Paytm wallet. You can make cashless transactions in many places like taxis and cars, GAS pumps, grocery stores, restaurants, cafes, multiplexes and many more. You can also use Paytm to pay online top-ups, pay utility bills, book movie or travel tickets, among other things on the Paytm app or the website.
5. How to add a beneficiary in Paytm?
1. Go to "My payment settings" on the Paytm application.
2. Press on "Manage beneficiaries"
3. Press "Add a new beneficiary"
4. Enter the account details or the beneficiary's wallet number.
5. Click on "Add a beneficiary"
6. Enter OTP received on your mobile number
7. The beneficiary is successfully added
6. How to reset the Paytm password?
1. Press "My security settings" on your Paytm application
2. Select "Change password"
3. Enter your current password
4. Enter a new password and retype your new password in the box below and click on the "Save" option
5. Your password has been changed
7. How to pay the electricity bill via Paytm?
1. Access the electricity bill payment page on the Paytm website or app
2. Select your state
3. Select your Electricity board
4. Enter your consumer number
5. Pay your bill by using a debit card, credit card, net banking or Paytm wallet.
8. How to contact Paytm customer care?
You can get in touch with the customer service executive by calling one of the following Paytm customer service numbers:
1. Regarding wallet, Bank and payments - 0120-4456-456
2. Tickets for films and events - 0120-4728-728
3. Paytm Mall purchase orders - 0120-4606060
4. Paytm and Forex travel tickets - 0120-4880-880
9. How to pay via Paytm?
1. Press "Pay" on the Paytm application
2. Scan the QR code or enter the beneficiary mobile number you wish to pay.
3. Enter the amount.
4. Pay using your Paytm wallet or add money to your Paytm wallet from your bank account if the wallet does not have sufficient funds. Also, you can pay from Bank account which you have linked to the Paytm app
5. The money will be transferred to the beneficiary, instantly.
10. What are the ways to check whether the Paytm payment is successful or not?
There are three ways to verify this:
1. You can search for an SMS received from Paytm informing you of the deduction of the account balance.
2. Check post-payment confirmation screen on the app.
3. You can also check the payments made in the booklet section of the application or web interface.
11. If I sent money to someone who does not have a Paytm account, how will they receive the amount?
If the beneficiary does not have a Paytm account, he will receive an SMS with a link to create an account. However, if the account is not created within 3 days of sending the money, the amount will be refunded to your Paytm wallet.
12. What are the fees for sending money through the Paytm wallet?
Sending money via Paytm wallet is completely free and the total amount entered is transferred to the beneficiary without any deduction.
13. What is meant by push app notification payment procedure and where can it be used in Paytm app?
A. You can use the Paytm wallet balance to pay in stores. After sharing your mobile number with the merchant, you will receive a push notification indicating the merchant details and the amount requested. You can simply press the push notification, then click on "Pay" to process the payment.