Axis Bank Credit Card: Axis Bank issued its first Credit card when it was still known as UTI Bank during 1999. The UTI Bank in association with Citibank launched an international co-branded credit card under the MasterCard’s umbrella. In 2005, Axis Bank launched Credit Card business in India. During 2007, it launched Platinum Credit Card, India’s first EMV Chip based card. In the year 2008, Axis Bank launched Platinum Credit Card, the first of its kind of EMV Chip based card.
Axis Bank is one of the first new generation private sector banks to have started its operations way back in 1994. It was promoted in 1993, jointly by Specified Undertaking of Unit Trust of India (SUUTI) (previously known as Unit Trust of India), Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC), National Insurance Company Ltd., The New India Assurance Company Ltd., The Oriental Insurance Company Ltd. and United India Insurance Company Ltd.
The shareholding of Unit Trust of India was finally transferred to SUUTI, an entity established in 2003.
On July 30, 2007, UTI Bank changes its name to Axis Bank.
Axis Bank is the third biggest private sector bank in India. It has 3,589 domestic branches (including extension counters) and 13,977 ATMs across the country as on December 31, 2017. It has more than 50,000 employees across the globe.
Its corporate office is located in Mumbai and the registered office is in Ahmadabad, Gujarat.
The following are the features of Axis Bank are:
• Attractive Rate of Interest – Axis Bank offers an attractive rate of interest on credit cards and it has waived most of the charges on some of its credit card categories which includes joining fee for an add-on card. It provides multiple tenor options to suit the payment budget of the customer.
• High Security – It provides high security for credit cards as it has features of both EMV Chip and PIN protection.
• Rewards – Axis Bank offers exciting offers on movie ticket bookings, cash back, shopping, dining, grocery, healthcare, lifestyle, travel, complimentary lounge access both domestic and foreign and so on. The bank has tie-ups with leading brands across all the sectors and provides attractive offers when an Axis Bank’s credit card is used to purchase a product or service.
• Convert Purchases to EMI (Equated Monthly Installment) – Axis Bank provides an opportunity to its esteemed customers to convert the high purchase transactions to EMI. Any purchase of Rs 2500 or above it can be converted into EMI.
The tenure for EMI can be chosen between 6-24 months. The EMIs will be charged to the credit card account, to make repayment convenient for the cardholder. A one-time processing fee of 1.5% or Rs 150 whichever is higher will be charged to the credit card account on the date of conversion.
You can convert the purchase into EMI within a period of 60 days of making the purchase by
- Sending SMS ‘EMI’ to 5676782
- Calling Axis Bank at 1860-500-5555 and 1860-419-5555 or submit an EMI
- Conversion instantly through Axis Bank Mobile application or submit an EMI
- Conversion instantly through Axis Bank Internet Banking.
• Instant Loan Facility – Axis Bank provides Instant Loan, a quick and easy loan against the credit card. The loan will be transferred immediately to the savings account after getting approval. The loan can be repaid on multiple tenor basis tailored to suit customers budget. No documentation is required to secure the loan.
A one-time processing fee of Rs 500 or 1.5% whichever is higher will be charged. In case of foreclosure, a foreclosure fee of 3% of the principal amount outstanding at the time of foreclosure or Rs 300 whichever is higher will be levied on the customer along with the service tax.
The following are the benefits of using Axis Bank’s Credit Card.
The fastest way to apply for securing an AXIS Bank’s Credit Card is to apply through the bank's web portal at www.axisbank.com
One can also submit the required details in Axis Bank's Click to Connect to the bank’s web portal for an instant call back from the banks representative to secure a credit card.
Visit the nearest Axis Bank’s Branch and apply for Axis Bank’s Credit Card.
Prospective applicants can visit the official website of Axis Bank and click on the ‘Apply Now’ option which is present on the right-hand side corner of the web page which will show the various bank’s products. Now click on the ‘Credit Cards’ option, which will further take us to a new web page which asks the applicant to full up the details including
• First Name
• Last Name
• Mobile Number
• Enter captcha code and click on the Call Me option
• An OTP (One Time Password) will be sent to your mobile number
• Enter the OTP and select Submit option
You will receive a call from the representative of Axis Bank who will further guide you to secure a credit card of the bank which suits the needs and requirements of the customer.
After submitting all the details and documents as specified by the bank, it will check whether the prospective customer is eligible to secure the credit card or not. Based on the eligibility of the customer, the bank may accept or reject the application of the prospective customer. It will be at the discretion of the Axis Bank to decide if a prospective customer has to be given a credit card of the bank or not.
As per the Axis Bank’s disclaimer, the decision on the credit card will be communicated within 21 working days to the prospective customer.
Applicants can directly walk into the nearest branch of the Axis Bank and express the desire to obtain a credit card from the bank.
The bank executive will explain you about the features of all the credit cards after understanding the annual income, needs, and requirements of the prospective customer.
Once the applicant zeroes in the card as per the requirement, he/she will be asked to fill in the application form and enclose the required documents which include PAN card, identity proof, address proof, income proof and so on.
The bank representative will thoroughly go through the application form along with the other submitted documents provided by the applicant and will take a final call whether the applicant meets the eligibility criteria for the credit card for which they have applied for. Once the check is done the applicant will be provided with the desired credit card.
It will be at the discretion of the Axis Bank to decide if a customer has to be given Credit Card or not.
To apply for an Axis Bank Credit Card, one has to fulfill the following criteria
• Should be Resident of India or Non-Resident Indian
• The primary cardholder should be aged between 18 and 70 years
• Add-on cardholder should be over 15 years
The following mentioned documents are required
• PAN Card Photocopy
• Form 60
• Recent color photograph
Proof of Income
• Latest Payslip
• Form 16
• Income Tax Return copy
Residential Address Proof
• Ration Card
• Electricity Bill
• Landline telephone bill
Identity Proof (Any one of the following)
• Election Voters ID Card
• Driving License
• PAN Card
• Aadhaar Card
Axis Bank has created its credit card to serve target customers. It caters to every lifestyle requirements of today’s era. An Axis Bank’s credit card is the perfect companion for every occasion ranging from dining, travel, fuel or buying movie tickets and so on. The customers can choose the credit card that suits their prerequisites and enjoy the benefits and rewards on every credit purchase.
The cardholder can block the credit card by sending as SMS to 5676782 from the registered mobile number.
Enter BLOCK XXXX (last 4 digits of the credit card number) through your registered mobile number.
One can also block the credit card through Internet Banking or Axis Mobile.
Log into the Axis Mobile app > Go to banking > Services > Credit Card > Block and Replace Card
Log into the Internet Banking > My Cards > More Services.
Call Axis Bank at 1860-419-5555 and 1860-500-5555 for further assistance.
The Credit Cardholder can close the card account by writing to the Axis Bank’s Branch Manager or by calling the Axis Bank’s customer care executive at 1800-233-5777 or 1800-209-5577.
The cardholder can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com – the Axis Bank’s executives mail id for credit cards and mention the intention to close the credit card.
After informing the executive your intention to close the credit card, the cardholder is required to cut the credit card diagonally.
The closure of the credit card will be effective only after payment of all the dues are made by the cardholder.