About HSBC Bank
HSBC stands for Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation.
The bank’s name HSBC is derived from the initials of the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. It is a British multinational banking and financial services holding company which has its origin to a hong in Hongkong.
It is one of the seventh largest bank in terms of total assets in the world and the largest in Europe with total assets amounting to US$2.374 trillion as of December 2016.
The bank was established in the year 1991 in London by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation to act as a new group holding company. HSBC was first incorporated in the year 1866.
It has around 3,900 offices spread across 67 countries around the globe. HSBC’s four business groups include Commercial Banking, Global Banking and Markets (investment banking), Retail Banking and Wealth Management and Global Private Banking.
Features of HSBC Credit Cards
The following are the features of HSBC Credit Card:
• Digital Platform – The cardholders of the HSBC bank are entitled to access the money easily round the clock without facing any hurdles. One has to simply log in to the account through HSBC’s Personal Interest Banking or HSBC Mobile Banking and make secure transactions any time, anywhere.
• Fast Access – Account holder of the bank as HSBC Advance customer can do day-to-day banking any time of the day be in day or night and can enjoy higher cash transaction limits across the globe without facing any kind of hindrance.
• Loan on Phone – HSBC Credit cards provide a unique opportunity to the account holders, wherein the cardholder can pay for the purchases through a new feature known as Loan on Phone feature. The cardholder can conveniently pay for the purchases through the card in easy monthly installments. The cardholder has to call HSBC PhoneBanking within a period of 50 days from the date of purchase to convert the purchase loan.
• Cash on EMI – This facility from HSBC offers the credit cardholders to avail cash advance facility and the same can be repaid in Equated Monthly Installments (EMI). The tenure for the repayment of the loan can be chosen by the customer ranging from 6 to 36 months.
How to apply for HSBC Bank’s Credit Card via Online?
Aspiring customers can visit the official website of HSBC Bank and click on the Credit Card option on the home page of the bank’s web portal.
Now the customer can go through the list of available cards under the credit cards section to understand the features, benefits, fees, eligibility criteria and so on before zeroing on the best credit card suitable for the individual as per the requirements.
After selecting the desired card as per the requirement now click on the Apply Now button which is present against each credit card in the web portal of HSBC Bank. This will take to the individual credit card page which shows a tip which suggests that the aspiring customer need to have Aadhaar Card and PAN card number available at the time of applying for the respective card.
Moving on the customer has to fill in the PAN and Aadhar details under the personal details section to progress further. The customer has to fill in the employment details and move on the review those details to cross-check that the provided details are correct and need not require any changes.
The customer will be asked to fill in the additional details before proceeding to the last step of consent and submitting the duly filled in online form to HSBC Bank for securing the desired credit card.
Once the details are filled in, the bank will check whether the candidate is eligible to avail the credit card for which they have applied for. Based on the eligibility of the customer, they may or may not receive the credit card, it will be on the discretion of the HSBC Bank to decide if a customer has to be given Credit Card or not.
How to apply for HSBC Bank’s Credit Card Offline?
The individuals can apply for credit card with HSBC Bank via offline by visiting the nearest branch of HSBC Bank. The applicants have to fill in the application form provided by the bank executives to secure a credit card and have to submit the required documents as mentioned in the application. If they meet the eligibility criteria, then the bank will provide the credit card to the customer. The decision to provide the credit card to a customer is solely based on the bank's discretion.
Customers can also procure credit card by placing a call to the Customer Care of HSBC Bank at 1860-266-2667 which is operational 24X7.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for HSBC Credit Card
An individual should satisfy the below-mentioned criteria to secure a Credit Card with HSBC
• Should be a resident of India.
• Should have attained at least 21 years at the time of applying for the credit card.
• Income requirements of the cardholder differ from one credit card to another.
• Should have a clean credit record.
Documents Required for HSBC Bank’s Credit Card
The following mentioned documents are required
• Completed Credit Card application form
• Latest Credit card statement for an employee of other credit cardholders
• Form 60
• Recent color photograph
Anyone of the following self-attested copy for income proof
For Salaried Employees/ MNC Corporates:
• Latest payslips for 3 months and Bank statements reflecting salary credit.
• Latest Income Tax Returns
• Form 16
For Self Employed
• Latest Income Tax Returns
Anyone of the following self-attested copy for identity proof for both salaried and self-employed individuals:
• Government employee ID Card
• Election / Voters Identity Card
• Driving License
• PAN Card
How long does it take for a customer to receive an HSBC Credit Card?
Once the bank receives the completed application form with all the required documents, then the application will be processed within a period of two weeks. The applicant will receive the desired credit card within 7 days once the application is approved. The bank will send in the timely alerts on the status of credit card application via SMS to the mobile number as mentioned in the application form.
How can the cardholder register for e-statements?
The following is the steps that the cardholder has to follow in order to register for e-statements.
Step 1: Log into HSBC’s Internet Banking.
Step 2: Set up a one-time request by clicking on the ‘Request e-statements/e-Advice’ option on the main menu.
Step 3: The bank will send a secure mail and an SMS alert informing the cardholder when the e-statement is ready.
HSBC Credit Card Pin Generation
To avail the unique benefits of ATM transaction like, withdrawing cash, view the details for all your accounts, transfer money, change mobile number and much more, applicants are required to generate PIN for the ATM facility provided HSBC Bank. Applicants can generate their credit card Pin through ATM, Net Banking, HSBC Mobile App, calling tollFree number. Below given steps are for online PIN Generation. Go through all the steps to make your process complete
HSBC Credit Card Pin Generation through ATM
- Visit the nearest HSBC ATM and insert your credit card in the ATM machine
- Select your preferred language to begin the process
- Enter the temporary Pin to begin the process
- Tap on Change PIN option
- Now you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP on the required section
- Now you can enter the PIN of your choice
- Retype the Pin on the required section and confirm
- Now you will get a successful message on your registered mobile number
HSBC Credit Card Pin Generation through Net Banking
- Visit the site https://www.hsbc.co.in/credit-cards/
- Click on Log on, which is located on the top bar of the page
- Enter your Net Banking Id and Password
- Click on Credit Card options and on the next page click on Change PIN
- Now you will get an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP on the required section and click on Continue
- Now you can enter the PIN of your choice
- Retype the Pin on the required section and confirm
- Now you will get a successful message on your registered mobile number
HSBC Credit Card Pin Generation through Toll-free Number
- Call the tollfree number 1860 266 2667
- Select your preferred language to begin the process
- Reply to the option with the password
- The password is a blende of first four alphabets of the name, date of birth and last four digits of the credit card
- Once the validation process is over, you will receive the credit card PIN on your registered mobile number and email id
- To generate your Hsbc Credit Card PIN, your mobile number must be registered with the bank. Please contact your HSBC branch for registering mobile number if not registered already.
- In case, you are not able to generate Credit Card PIN, please contact the branch or call contact Center helpline 1860 266 2667 for requesting physical PIN mailer.
Dos and Don'ts for generating HSBC Credit Card PIN
It is important to pick a good credit card PIN to protect your finances. While picking a PIN for your HSBC credit card, please remember the following points.
- Do not use easy sequences of numbers for generating a PIN such as 1234, 9876 etc.
- Don't repeat numbers consecutively such as 1134, 4456, etc.
- Don't include essential day such as marriage date, birth date etc.
- Don't use any portion of your Aadhaar number, mobile number or credit card number
- Make use of the Word pattern to create a credit card PIN. Set the wordings according to the numeric pattern such as A-1, B-2, C-3. This will helps you easily remember the password. For ex: A password like ABID, it stands for PIN 1294.
- Do create a password with a random date pattern
- Use a portion of any contact number that has been saved on the phone. It'll be beneficial if you pick a person that is not related directly to the cardholder at least
HSBC Credit Card Registration
HSBC credit cardholders can take the benefits of HSBC Net Banking by registering their credit card. Below given is the process of HSBC Credit Card registration. Scroll down and know the step to register Hsbc Credit Card
- Go to the HSBC Credit Card website
- Go to Online Banking page and click on Register Now
- Enter your credit card details and click on Continue
- Now you will be redirected to the new page on which you have to select whether you have Hsbc account or not
- Once you select your choice, enter your PIN and click on Continue
- Alternatively, you can also register with your mobile number and click on Continue
- Now you will receive an authentication code on your phone which you will need to type in a space provided on the next page and click on "Continue."
- On the following page type your username which must contain 6-20 alphanumeric characters.
- Next you need to create a new password and confirm it twice
- Select two security questions and type the answer on the required section
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Once you finish this step, the HSBC credit card will be registered for net banking.
HSBC Credit Card Registration via Offline
To register a credit card for net banking via offline a cardholder can dial to the given toll-free numbers: 1800-103-4722, 1800-266-3455, 1800-102-2208, 1800-267-3456, 1860-500-2255, 1860-108-7788, and 1860-500-2277. Alternatively, you can also visit your nearest HSBC branch and fill out a form to access net banking on your credit card.
What kind of credit card request can be raised via HSBC Net Banking?
You can raise a variety of requests through HSBC net banking facility and they are listed below:
- To check the available balance on your credit card.
- To check the total outstanding balance and the due date of your credit card
- To view the transaction details of the credit card.
- Details of credit card bill payments
- Balance transfer option via net banking
- Get e-statement on your registered email id
- Get an option for add-on or supplementary credit cards
Advantages of HSBC Credit Cards Registration for Net Banking
With HSBC Net Banking facility it's become easier to keep track of the different banking services. By registering your HSBC Credit Card for net banking you will get the below-listed benefits.
- Get access to use all kinds of net banking services: You can get access to all sorts of credit card details and facilities. Some of the credit card benefits are, you can generate a new PIN, raise a request for your lost or damaged credit card, pay your credit card bills, recharge your mobile and more.
- Card safety remains unchanged: HSBC Bank offers you high security to keep your net banking account secured. To keep the customer's account secure, the bank needs full 128-bit encryption to use personal net banking. This helps to keep details relevant to your credit card secure.
- Access your account information 24*7: Through e-statements older than 6 months to tracking the next due date of payment, cardholders can conveniently keep track of these essential details via net banking.
HSBC Credit Card Activation
Once a customer receives HSBC credit cards, he/she must activate the card for the use. Go through the below given methods and process of HSBC Credit Card activation to activate your card instantly.
Methods to activate HSBC Credit Card
- HSBC Credit Card activation by Net Banking
- HSBC Credit Card activation by ATM
- HSBC Credit Card activation by PIN based transaction
- HSBC Credit Card activation by Customer Care Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
HSBC Credit Card activation by Net Banking
Go through the below given process to activate your HSBC Credit Card via Net Banking facility
- Visit the HSBC Credit Card website and Log on to online banking
- Now choose the account you want to activate the card for
- Now select Manage, then Activate card and go through all the instructions
HSBC Credit Card activation by ATM
- Visit your nearest HSBC ATM and insert your card in the card slot
- Select your preferred language and go through all the steps to activate your card
- Once the card is activated you can get the successful message on the ATM screen as well as on your registered mobile number
HSBC Credit Card activation by PIN based transaction
Another way of activating your credit card is through a transaction based on a PIN. Customers simply have to do a retail or online transaction using the PIN that they were sent in their welcome kit.
HSBC Credit Card activation by Customer Care Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
Applicants can also their credit card by phone banking services, for this kindly call on 1860 108 7788 and follow the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) to change the PIN or to activate your card.
HSBC Virtual Credit Card
HSBC launched the first Virtual Card called HSBC Advantage Virtual Credit Card. This card is only used for online shopping and is not available as a physical card. ou can set your preferred card limit with this card and shop securely over the web. A virtual credit card is seen as a secure means of paying for goods and services. The card is available for a fixed period of time and can only be extended once by a certain amount and the card expires after a single successful transaction.
Key benefits of HSBC Virtual Credit Card
- The card provides enhanced security over your purchases
- The card is more convenient and easy to handle
- The card is only suitable for online transactions
- One can set his / her card limit based on the purchase criteria
- One can reset the card limit whenever needed
- One can avail additional security by signing up for ‘Secure Virtual Shopping’ service
- One can cancel this card anytime
Eligibility required for HSBC Virtual Credit Card
HSBC has set the following eligibility criteria to use the virtual credit card facility for the comfort and efficiency of its customers.
- Individual must have a physical credit card
- Individual must have sufficient credit to initiate online transaction
Fee and charges
The bank currently charges no fees for providing or utilizing the card. The HSBC Advantage Virtual Credit Card offers a safe payment alternative for products or services. By using the card one can make transactions through the virtual credit card number without deploying a physical card over the web.
Process to apply for HSBC Virtual Credit Card
By following the below-listed steps one can easily apply for the HSBC Virtual Credit Card through net banking and mobile banking
- Visit HSBC website and login to your net banking account using the login credentials
- Now opt your preferred account from which you want to draw the funds to generate the virtual card.
- Now click on ‘Ok’ to confirm and you can see the details of your virtual credit card
- Now you can actively use your virtual card over the internet for making secure online shopping
HSBC Credit Card Statement
HSBC Credit Card Statement is received each month and records most of the transactions made by the holder of the credit card in the transaction month. One can get HSBC Credit Card statement via email or in other word e-statements. This statement can also be accessed by HSBC credit card users online through Net Banking.
Benefits of HSBC Credit Card Statement
- Get immediate access from anywhere, review your current balance and credit card transactions at any moment.
- No more concerns about the overdue declarations, keep up to date with payment dates and pending dues of your HSBC Credit Card.
- Get e-statements via online without any hidden charges.
- Apart from the net banking, you can also get the e-statements via HSBC India Mobile Banking App.
- Get reward points summary in e-statements.
How to get HSBC Credit Card Statement
- Visit the HSBC site and click on Login which is located on the top right side of the page.
- Log in with your HSBC Net Banking Id and Password
- Now click on 'Request eStatements/e-Advice' to generate a one time request.
- Once the setup request process is done, you will get the HSBC Credit Card statement in your registered email id.
How to get HSBC Credit Card statement via Mobile App
For handling your credit card accounts, you can also use the HSBC Mobile Banking App accessible on both the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Apart from this you also need your net banking credentials for accessing net banking facilities in HSBC Mobile App. If you are a regular customer of HSBC net banking, follow the measures below to use the App to verify your credit card balance.
- Launch the HSBC Mobile Banking app in your mobile phone and login to your account using the credentials.
- Now tap on the 'Balances' option and then you will get a list of your accounts and credit cards.
- Now tap on the credit card for which you want to know the balance.
How to get HSBC Credit Card statement via offline
To know the balance of your HSBC Credit Card you can also get in touch with the HSBC Customer Care service. Follow the below-given measures for the same.
Indian Customers: Call on 1860 108 7788 or 1860 500 2277 (24x7)
Overseas Customers: Call 040 - 67173402 or 080 – 49089632
The customer helpline numbers are accessible from 06:30 am to 8:30 pm for enquiries. When accessing customer service, make sure your HSBC Credit Card is handy because you will need to provide your credit card number and other information specific when asked on the phone by the representative.
HSBC Credit Card Login
Log in to the HSBC Net Banking portal with your User id/Password, and get a flexible option to manage your HSBC Credit Card. Know the login and registration process by following the below-given steps:
How to Register
- Go to the official site of Hsbc Credit Card
- Click on Register, which is located on the top bar of the page
- Select your Registration Method and enter your card number
- Enter the PIN Number of your card and click on continue
How to Login
- Go to the official site of Hsbc Credit Card
- Click on Log On, which is located on the top bar of the page
- Enter your Username and click on Continue
- Now on the next page enter your netbanking password and explore Hsbc Online Services
HSBC Credit Card Payment
Secure your online shopping with enhance security of 6-digit OTP that secure your credit card payment on the Internet/merchant IVR systems in India. The applicant automatically receives OTP on their registered mobile number when he/she use the card for online transactions on VISA or MasterCard websites. To avail this service applicant has to register their mobile numbers with HSBC. Below are the methods to update your mobile number with HSBC:
- Call to HSBC customer care service
- Send to secure message to HSBC through Personal Internet Banking
- Put an application at your nearest HSBC Branch
How to make IVR Credit Card Payment
The below-given details are required to initiate online transaction
- Card Number
- Expiry Date of the Card
- CVV Number
Go through the below-given steps to make online transaction by entering 6-digit OTP
- While making an online transaction, the website will be redirected to a new window, displaying HSBC Verified by Visa (VBV) / MasterCard® SecureCode™
- Go through the details displaying merchant name, transaction amount, last 4 digits of the card number and make sure all the details are correct
- Enter the 6-digit OTP number on the VBV/SecureCode authentication screen and complete your authentication process.
- In case of IVR Transaction, you have to enter the 6-digit password on your mobile.
- Primary cardholders can enter either the OTP received by SMS or the Securepay password for the online transaction. In case of an IVR transaction, primary cardholders can enter either the OTP generated on personal Internet banking or the OTP received by SMS.
- After the successful approval of the transaction, you can see the payment received acknowledgement and also you will get SMS in your mobile regarding the transaction details.
HSBC Credit Card Payment Online
Below listed are the online payment options for HSBC Credit Cards
- VISA money transfer
- National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT)
- HSBC mobile banking
- HSBC Net Banking
- Bill Desk
- Electronic Clearing System (ECS)
- Standing Instructions
HSBC Credit Card Payment via VISA Money Transfer
HSBC VISA Credit Card customers can use this payment option to clear their pending credit card bills. Apart from this, you can also transfer cash to your credit card from any bank account. Call your nearest HSBC branch for more details.
HSBC Credit Card Payment via Mobile Banking
You will need to download the app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store to utilize the mobile payment system. You can access the software by sending a text message, too. If you have an Android device send 'AMB' to 575750, in case if you are an IOS user you can send 'IMB' to 575750.
HSBC Credit Card Bill Desk
HSBC Credit Card is an electronic credit card payment processing portal. Make a payment from any other bank account without any hidden charges. Bill desk portal is useful for you in case you have not any account with HSBC Bank. Have a look through the below-given benefits and payment process of Bill Desk service and complete the payment process which is much easy and convenient.
Who can pay through Bill Desk Portal?
- Individual and Non Individual Applicants
- Small business enterprises and firms
- Government and Private Institutions
- Private Firms and MNC Companies
- Indian organizations and Banks
- Public Sector Undertakings
- Trusts and Charities
Features of ICICI Credit Card Bill Desk
- In case of any issue regarding Bill Desk portal, get in touch with customer service which is available 24x7
- With bill desk portal you can pay your ICICI Credit Card bill with any device without any hidden charges.
- Bill desk portal allows you can track the status of all your current bills and payments.
- ICICI Credit Card recurring bills and expenses will be paid automatically with AutoPay feature provided by Bill Desk portal
- Get notified on your registered mobile number and email for your every transaction
- Track your spending with Expense Analysis feature,
- Bill Desk provides you with a convenient way to manage your ICICI Credit Card bill and expense records
HSBC Credit Card Payment Bill Desk Online
- Visit the site https://www.billdesk.com/pgidsk/pgmerc/hsbccard/hsbc_card.jsp
- Enter your 16 digit credit card number and retype the same on the Re-enter section
- Enter your valid email id and mobile number for the verification process
- Enter the amount that you want to pay
- From the drop-down menu, select your bank name and click on Submit
HSBC Credit Card Payment NEFT
HSBC also allows you to pay for your credit card outstanding through NEFT. National Electronic Fund Transfer is the best way to pay your credit card dues as it allows you to make the payment with your bank details or credit card details. Go through the below-given method and make your HSBC Credit Card Payment via NEFT.
- Visit HSBC Credit Card website and click on Log On
- Enter your Username/Password and click on Continue
- Now add your HSBC Credit Card as a beneficiary
- Enter the mandated details of the payee such as account number, IFSC Code, Mobile Number and email id.
- IFSC Code of HSBC Credit Card is- HSBC0400002
- Enter the amount that you want to pay and click on Continue to make the process complete.
- Once the payment is done you can get the transaction details on your registered mobile number and email id.
- National Electronic Fund Transfer has the time limit of 8.00 am to 6.30 pm
- NEFT allows you to pay a maximum of Rs 25 lacs
- You can make a maximum of Rs 50,000 within 24 hours of beneficiary registration
- Charges will be applied as per the bank for NEFT Payment
- Once you add your card as a beneficiary you can make NEFT fund transfer as a monthly basis.
HSBC Credit Card Payment via Net Banking
To make HSBC Credit Card Payment via Net Banking service, you will have to login to your HSBC net banking account. Once logged in you can follow the instructions to pay your HSBC Credit Card bill. But you will have to register first for making payments via net banking service. For self-registration you can follow the below-given combinations.
- Your 16-digit ATM Card Number and PIN
- Your 16-digit Debit Card Number and PIN
- Your 16-digit Credit Card Number and card ATM PIN.
- Your 10-digit personal banking number and 6-digit PIN of phone banking
HSBC Credit Card Payment via Electronic Clearing System (ECS)
This method of payment can be used if you do not have an HSBC account. Going through this method, the bill amount gets auto-debited from your other bank account.
HSBC Credit Card Payment via Standing instructions
By choosing this method you will never miss the due date of your credit card bill payment. The amount will automatically get debited from your HSBC savings or current account.
HSBC Credit Card Payment through Paytm
Paytm has accelerated the process of paying online credit card bills by an easy and convenient method. You can use Paytm app or visit Paytm website to make a credit card payment successful without leaving your comfort. All major card networks including HSBC Credit Cards are supported by Paytm. In one app, you can use Paytm to handle all your cards and clear the dues respectively.
Method to pay HSBC Credit Card Bills through Paytm
- Debit Cards
- Internet Banking
- BHIM UPI (accessible only on Paytm app)
- Paytm Payments Bank
Process to pay HSBC Credit Card Bills through Paytm
To pay your credit card(s) bills through Paytm, you can follow the steps listed below:
- Open the Paytm mobile application on your mobile and Tap on the ‘More’ option under the payment menu.
- Now go to the ‘Recharge & Bill Payment’ and tap on ‘Credit Card’
- If you've already authorized your HSBC Credit Card to add money to your Paytm application, the cards will be are specified under the section 'Credit Card Bill Payment.'
- If your HSBC Card is already listed under the Paym app then the app will state the card network and the last 4 digits of the card, along with the issuer 's name. To make the payment tap the ‘Pay Bill’ button under the card.
- In case you are a new user for Paytm you can add your HSBC Card by tapping the ‘Pay Bill for other Credit Card’ option at the bottom of the screen.
- After selecting your card tap on the ‘Pay Bill’ option you will be redirected to the payment page.
- Now enter the bill amount and select the payment method.
- Now follow the further on-screen instructions to make the payment successful.
HSBC Credit Card Payment Offline
Follow the below listed offline payment options to make a payment by your HSBC Credit Card.
- By visiting the Bank
HSBC Credit Card Payment via Phonebanking
- As an HSBC Credit Cardholder, you can also pay your credit card dues via phone banking.
- Card issuers call on 1860 108 7788 or 1860 500 2277 and verify your credit card using the PIN
- Now raise the request to the customer care executive to debit the amount directly from your bank account.
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment via ATM
- A cardholder can make deposits against a credit card at any HSBC ATM before the due date.
- You can also deposit a cheque for the payment of the credit card bill at an HSBC ATM
- Additionally, the cardholder can transfer funds to the credit card account via his/her debit card.
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment via the bank branch
- HSBC account holders can also visit the nearest HSBC branch to pay the credit card outstandings.
- Cardholders can make the payment through cash or cheque at the branch
- Please keep in mind that the payment has to be done before the due date
HSBC Credit Card Bill Payment via Cheque/Draft
- A cardholder can also make the credit card bill payment by cheque/demand draft.
- Before the due date expires, the cardholder must send the total amount to the nearest HSBC branch.
- If the cheque/demand draft arrives at the bank after the due date, the bank may charge the cardholder a late payment fee.
HSBC Credit Card Loan
HSBC was established in 1865 and is a global banking and financial services company. The Bank provides retail banking, financial planning, cash management, credit cards, and other finance facilities in India. HSBC cardholders can access money on their credit cards and conveniently borrow money to pay for their expenditures via the bank's Cash-on-EMI feature. This functionality is a huge benefit for the individual searching for an instant cash option.
Eligibility Criteria for HSBC Credit Card Loan
To apply for the cash-on-EMI feature, you have to be a credit cardholder with HSBC. But this function can only be accessed by selected HSBC credit cardholders. No documentation is necessary to acquire this loan.
Benefits of HSBC Credit Card Loan
- Get quick access to cash by National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) or draft service
- With Easy Monthly Installments (EMI) make your payments more conveniently
- Get loan tenures of 6 months, 12 months, 18 months and 24 months.
- The loan is sanctioned with a processing fee of 2 - 3% or minimum Rs 200 and is applied to all cash advance transactions.
- The loan is triggered for you with an interest rate of 15 - 21% per annum.
How to Apply for HSBC Credit Card Loan
The quickest and easiest way to apply for a credit card HSBC loan is to apply for it online through the HSBC net banking platform. You may need to have the following details when applying for such loans:
- Your HSBC Credit Card Number
- Your Personal details such as Name, Email ID, Telephone number with STD code or Mobile number
HSBC Credit Card Status
Applicants applied for HSBC Credit Card can track the status of their application through the below-given process. Track your credit card status by your application number. Scroll down and go through the tutorial to make the process complete.
Online Process to check HSBC Credit Card Status
- Visit to the HSBC Credit Card website
- Click on Log on
- Enter your Username/Password and click on Continue
- On the next page, click on Customer Support section
- Go through the call support and provide your Application Reference Number to the customer executive to know the status of your credit card application
Offline Process to check HSBC Credit Card Status
Apart from the online process applicants can also go through offline process to check their credit card status. Below given numbers are to track HSBC Credit Card status via offline
Call on the helpline numbers: 1860 108 7788 / 1860 500 2277
Status Details of HSBC Credit Card
Below given details will appear after checking the credit card status.
In-progress: When the application is still in process, you will get the status as ‘In progress’.
On-hold: You will receive ‘On-hold’ status, if you have submitted any incomplete documentation or details.
Approved: You will find the ‘Approved’ status, once your application has been approved. You will receive your card to the address mentioned in the application form.
Dispatched: Once your card is dispatched, Dispatched status show on the screen. It will take 2-3 business days to deliver your card at your doorstep.
Disapproved: A ‘Disapproved’ status displayed when your application has been rejected. This happens when you cannot meet the eligibility criteria of the credit card.
No records found: If you enter any incorrect details, the screen will display ‘No records found’ status. Re-enter the correct details to get the status complete status.
HSBC Credit Card App
HSBC India or Hsbc Credit Card App is a self-service mobile app for all the Indians which allows you to take complete access to all your credit card information. Log in with your Net Banking Id, Password and explore a world of convenience just with a few taps. No matter where you are just with your Hsbc NetBanking Id and Password you can explore the world of benefits and offers anytime anywhere. Scroll down and get to know the features and benefits of Hsbc Credit Card App and how to use it.
Benefits of HSBC Credit Card App
- View all your credit card transactions
- Get e-statement for all your credit card transaction
- Get access to purchase to EMI facility
- Get access to upgrade your credit card limit
- Get access to report your lost credit card
- Get an option to block your card in case of any fraudulent activity
- Get access for card replacement request
- Change your credit card pin, anytime anywhere
- Get all Hsbc Credit Card Offers in the app
- Manage your all accounts at one place
- Get access to request for a loan
- Get access to check your passbook
- Transfer your fund from one bank to another more conveniently
- Get notified for your credit card dues
- Get notified for all your transactions
- Get access to pay all your bills
- Get 24x7 customer support
- Check your credit card status
- Get all personalized alerts and reminders
- Stay updated with your reward points balance
- Personalize notifications for purchases, weekly balance, credit limit and more
- Pay your Insurance, DTH Bills, Mobile Bills and Utility Bills
- Check the status of your applied check.
- Now make your travel more friendly and book your flight, bus and hotels through online.
- Get 100% online security on your card
- Add or manage beneficiary as per you want.
- With enhanced security of Fingerprint Id make your transaction more convenient and hassle-free
- This App is provided by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC India) for the use of existing HSBC Indian customers only
Register and Download HSBC India
Below are the steps to download and register yourself in Hsbc India app
- Go to Playstore or Appstore and search for HSBC India
- Tap on the install icon and download the app
- Log on to Personal Internet Banking
- Set up a new password for Mobile Banking
- Accept the end User License Agreement and Select your Country
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- Now tap on Login and explore Hsbc India App
Fees and Charges
- HSBC Mobile Banking service comes with no additional charges. Regular banking fees and charges will apply on specific transactions and services via the HSBC India Mobile Banking app.
- Data charges may vary as per your network provider. In case you use the services abroad, roaming charges will also be applied. Please get in touch with your mobile service provider for more information.
Security features of HSBC India app.
HSBC India Mobile Banking utilizes the same authentication functionality as net banking. The HSBC India app will not store your confidential data apart from the login credentials. The authentication log-in process is performed under the HSBC mobile banking system to ensure your security.
- Security Device is provided to you for personal net banking, a token helps you to create a security code for specific banking services.
- The session would immediately log off if the app is offline for 15 minutes or if you fail to log off.
- To make your mobile device secure, please install the app from the default app store of your mobile. Try to avoid pop-ups, alerts or emails with links requesting you to access apps.
Process to open a fixed deposit using HSBC Mobile Banking App
- Open the HSBC Mobile Banking app go to the homepage.
- Now under the 'Products and Services' menu, select 'Accounts' to apply for a fixed deposit account.
- You are only eligible to access this feature if you are an Indian resident. In case you are not an Indian resident use other alternate options to apply for a fixed deposit.
- On the next page, you will see all the details of HSBC Fixed Deposit
- Select your account from the drop-down menu of 'Choose your Fixed Deposit'
- Now enter all the required information and tap on 'Submit'
- Once your request for fixed deposit account is successful, you will get a successful message along with a confirmation number on your mobile screen.
Process to apply for a personal loan using the HSBC Mobile Banking App
- Launch the HSBC Mobile Banking app in your mobile and go to the homepage
- Under the 'Products and Services' option, tap on 'Borrowing' to apply for a personal loan.
- Now you will see the features and benefits of HSBC Personal Loan
- Fill the application form correctly with the required details and tap on 'Submit'
- Now you will get on confirmation message on your mobile screen confirming that 'Thank you, your application is being reviewed. We will contact you within 2 working days'
- You will also get a reference number in the confirmation message which you have to keep safe for future use.
How to get eStatements through HSBC India Mobile Banking App?
By using HSBC India Mobile Banking App you generate credit card e-statements right from your comfort. By a single login, you can download the credit card e-statements of the last 12 months on your mobile. The e-statements are grouped year wise and are categorized with the recent transactions on the top.
Process to access e-statements for your HSBC account
- Open the HSBC India Mobile Banking App and login to your account.
- On the ‘Accounts’ section select the account for which you want to access the statement.
- Now under the transaction details page tap on ‘View statement’ option and you can view or download the statement in the PDF format on your mobile.
How to transfer funds to your own account or credit card through HSBC India App?
Transfer funds to your linked accounts or credit cards using HSBC India App and keep going with your money transfer journey.
To your own account:
- Open the HSBC India App and tap on ‘Move Money’ icon at the bottom your screen, and then select ‘Between your accounts’ option.
- Now tap on the ‘From’ option and select the account from which you want to transfer your money and then tap on ‘To’ option and select the account to which you want to make the transfer.
- Now enter the amount you wish to transfer and enter a note by tapping on the ‘Your reference’ section. Remember that this is an optional and the note will appear in the transaction summary.
- Now under the ‘Purpose’ section, select a purpose from the given options that is more relevant to your purpose of fund transfer. Selecting a purpose is optional if you are an Indian resident. Similarly, selecting a purpose is compulsory for NRIs or those who are using a non-resident account for the transfer.
- In case you want to make the transfer later, enable the ‘Later’ option and select a transfer date.
- Now tap on the ‘Continue’ icon to proceed, if you want to make the transfer on the same day.
- Now verify the payment details and tap on ‘Confirm’ to process the payment.
- Once done, you will get a confirmation message on your mobile screen.
To your own credit card:
- Launch the HSBC India app in your mobile and tap on the ‘Move Money’ option on the bottom of your screen and select ‘Between your accounts’
- Tap on ‘From’ and select the account from which you want to make the transfer.
- Tap on ‘To’ and select the account to which you want to transfer the amount
- Now under the ‘Amount’ section, enter the amount you wish to transfer
- Tap on ‘Continue’ and you will be redirected to the transfer review page or confirmation page.
- Now verify your payment details and tap on ‘Confirm’ to process the payment.
- You cannot use ‘Later on’ feature because ‘Transfer Now’ is only authorized for transfers to HSBC Credit Card. So it is recommended to the turn off the ‘Later On/Off’ icon in case it is on.
- Now tap on ‘Continue’ and you will be redirected to the review page
- Now you will see the confirmation page, where you can verify your transaction details. The amount will be transferred to your credit card instantly and you will also get a successful message on your registered mobile number / email id.
Eligibility required for using HSBC India Mobile Banking App
To use the HSBC India Mobile Banking App you must be registered with HSBC Personal Internet Banking. First you need to install the app and login with your credentials using one of the following options:
- Submit your secondary password and OTP obtained via SMS (Please ensure that your mobile number is registered with HSBC as an SMS passcode will be generated on behalf of device provisioning.
- In case you have a security device provide the code generated on the same device. After provisioning your mobile device for the first time you can sign in according to your requirements with the 6-digit pin configuration, fingerprint authentication, or Face ID.
Please feel free to email the branch personnel or call HSBC PhoneBanking if you have any concerns.
Charges required for HSBC India Mobile Banking App
No any additional service charges are required for using the HSBC India Mobile Banking App. The regular banking charges on your account will continue to apply. Please consider the below-listed points to avoid unwanted charges and scams.
- Never answer to unauthorized money offers received via e-mails / mobile / other platforms.
- Be aware while investing in attractive looking schemes which offer high returns
- Don't invest in businesses / firms that are not regulated
- Don't make sense on hearsay – check yourself
- High return means higher risk of possible loss of whole money, so it is suggested to put your funds wisely
- Check with a reliable financial advisor in case of any doubt
- You must call your internet service provider in case you want to know about the Internet access charges and the current data plan for charges
Security Measures for HSBC India Mobile App
Technology has changed every part of our lives, redefining the way we go through our daily routines. Banking wasn't really invulnerable to this reform and HSBC is bringing technically inclined products and services to its customers in order to meet the expanding banking needs and preferences. The new HSBC India Mobile Banking application is developed exclusively to help you so that you can handle your banking needs conveniently and securely. The new app will provide you with a dramatically enhanced banking experience by offering secure access and user-friendly interface. HSBC India Mobile Banking App carries out the same security precautions as for Personal online banking. Your confidential data (including login credentials) would not stored in HSBC India Mobile Banking App or SIM card. The authentication will be undertaken at the server to enhance and ensure the security,
HSBC Credit Card Reward Points
Shop more and Earn more, with HSBC Rewards Programme get more out of your money every time you shop. HSBC Reward Programme gives you a wide range of redemption options including jewelry, fashion accessories, garments, home appliances, electronic equipment, cosmetics and much more. Redeem the reward points for an exciting range of redemption options including garments, home appliances, cosmetics, gift vouchers, airline miles and donation to charities. Scroll down and get to know about HSBC Rewards Programme.
- HSBC Classic Cardholders, spend a minimum of Rs 250 and earn 1 reward point for every purchase
- HSBC Gold Cardholders, spend a minimum of Rs 100 and earn 1 reward point for every purchase
- HSBC Smart Value Card Cardholders, spend a minimum of Rs 100 and earn 1 reward point for every purchase
- HSBC Platinum Credit Cardholders, spend a minimum of Rs 150 and earn 2 reward point for every purchase
- HSBC Premier Credit Cardholders, spend a minimum of Rs 100 and earn 2 reward point for every purchase
- With JetPrivilege Airlines/Membership Programme, HSBC Premier Mastercard Credit Cardholders will earn 3 reward points=2 JP Miles (Code- 4001)
- With JetPrivilege Airlines/Membership Programme, HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Cardholders will earn 4 reward points=1 JP Miles (Code- 4009)
- With JetPrivilege Airlines/Membership Programme, get 2 reward points=1 JP Miles (Code- 4002)
- With Singapore Airlines Programme earn 1 reward points=1 Kris Flyer Mile (Code- 4003)
- With Singapore Airlines Programme, HSBC MakeMyTrip Platinum Credit Cardholders will earn 2 reward points= 1 Kris Flyer Mile (Code- 4010)
- With British Airways Executive Club Programme, earn 1 Reward Point = 1 Avios Mile (Code- 4012)
How to Redeem HSBC Reward Points via Online
Once you have accumulated sufficient points to apply for redemption, you will use the points to make more purchases or pay your credit card bills. Below listed is the process to redeem HSBC Reward Points through online.
- Visit the HSBC Credit Card portal and click on "Personal" which is located on the top of the page
- Now click on "Credit Cards" tab and enter your PIN
- Now click on "Register Credit Card" and then click on "Redeem Reward Points" tab
- On the next page, you can track the status of your reward points.
- Now click on "Redeem Points" on the same page and enter the points you want to redeem
- Select the items you want to purchase through your reward points and add the items to your cart.
- Now read T&C carefully and enter all the required details to redeem
- Click on "Redeem" and you will get a unique Order Id, keep it safe with you for future use
- You will get the transaction details through SMS on your registered mobile number
- You will get the item delivered at your doorstep on the working days.
How to Redeem HSBC Reward Points via Offline
Apart from the above given online process, you can also redeem your cumulated reward points via post and customer care service.
Download the reward from the bank website and send it to the below-given address:
HSBC Card Products Division,
Post Bag Number 5080, Chennai – 600 028
Via Customer Care Service
To redeem your reward points through customer care service kindly call the below-given customer care number.
Toll-Free Number- 1860 108 7788 or 1860 500 2277
Steps to convert reward points into Airmiles/Loyalty Points
Only HSBC Premier Mastercard Credit Cardholders are allowed to redeem their loyalty points for Airmiles from Jet Airways, Singapore Airlines, and British Airways. The miles can only be redeemed through Phone Banking. HSBC Premier Phone Banking Numbers are listed below:
For Indian Customers:
1800 266 3456
1800 103 4722
For Overseas Customers:
HSBC Reward Points Catalogue
HSBC provides a range of choices through which customers can redeem their reward points. The types under which the reward points can be redeemed by customers are listed below:
- Annual Fees: Customers can pay the remaining balance
- of their bill by reward points
- Gifts: HSBC Bank offers tons of merchandise for users to spend their points on online gift category
- Gift Vouchers: Cardholders can redeem their points on
- a wide range of top brand vouchers
- Charity: Users can donate to their desired charity
- Premier: Customers can buy coupons from a large range under Premier category
HSBC Credit Card Balance Check
HSBC Credit Card customers may use three separate means to check their credit card balance – via online banking, HSBC customer service helpline and HSBC Mobile Banking app. Let's learn how to check the balance on your HSBC credit card using the above platforms.
HSBC Credit Card balance check by HSBC Mobile App
You can download the HSBC Credit Card App via android as well as ios device. If you are not an active user of the app kindly download and register your card to get Username and Password. In case you are an active user of the app go through the below-given steps to check your HSBC Credit Card Balance.
- Open the app and login with your Username and Password
- Now tap on "Balances and you will get a list of all the registered accounts and cards.
- Tap on any of your registered cards from the list and check the balance instantly
HSBC Credit Card balance check by Customer Care Service
To go through the offline process you can also call the below given HSBC Customer Care numbers to check your credit card balance.
- HSBC Credit Cardholders of India- Call HSBC 24x7 helpline numbers 1860 108 7788 or 1860 500 2277
- HSBC Credit Cardholders from foreign countries- Call 040 - 67173402 or 080 – 49089632
- The customer helpline numbers are open from 06:30 am to 8:30 pm for enquiries. When contacting customer service, make sure your HSBC Credit Card is ready because you will need to submit your credit card number and other information specific to your account when asked on the call.
HSBC Credit Card balance check by internet banking
If you are a new user of HSBC Internet Banking services, register your card to get your internet banking id and password. In case you are an existing user of the same scroll down and go through the process to know your credit card balance.
- Go to HSBC Internet Banking page and enter your username/password to log in
- Now click on the "Credit Card" menu and you will get all the details related to your credit card.
HSBC Credit Card Balance Transfer
Using the bank's balance transfer method, HSBC Bank credit cardholders can transfer their outstanding balance from the other bank credit cards to their HSBC credit cards without any issues. HSBC consumers may use HSBC Phone Banking, SMS Banking or the HSBC portal to use the Balance Transfer facility. HSBC Credit Cardholders can go through the below given two options to use the HSBC Balance Transfer facility.
- Balance Transfer-on-EMI or Equated Monthly Instalments
- Perpetual Balance Transfer
Balance Transfer-on-EMI or Equated Monthly Instalments
HSBC Bank Credit Cardholders can transfer and repay the unpaid balance available on their other bank credit cards to an HSBC credit card using the Balance Transfer on EMI facility. The reimbursement will be rendered at a reasonable interest rate, in the form of monthly installments. HSBC Credit Cardholders must make a minimum balance transfer fee of Rs.3000 from other bank credit card accounts through their HSBC credit card accounts in order to make use of this facility. On the due date, the monthly installment will be credited to the credit card of the customer. Repayments of the loan can be rendered for tenures of 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, or 24 months. HSBC Bank charges 1% of the amount or a minimum of Rs.149 on the amount transferred through the balance transfer facility.
Applicable Rate of Interest for Balance Transfer on EMI facility
- 1.04% for the tenure of 3, 6, 9 and 12 months
- 1.25% for the tenure of 18 and 24 months
Perpetual Balance Transfer
HSBC Bank gives its customers the "Perpetual Balance Transfer," under which unpaid balance transfers can be made to HSBC credit cards from any other bank credit cards. Customers can allow the repayments at lower interest rates. To take advantage of this service a total of Rs. 3000 must be transferred. The minimum interest rate id applied on the transferred amount and HSBC provides the convenience of having no limitations on repayment tenure under the Perpetual Balance Transfer option.
Customers will not have any fixed tenure to choose from. Per month a fixed repayment will be rendered which would be equal to 5 percent of the remaining PBT balance or a total of Rs. 100. HSBC Bank charges a transaction fee of 1 to 2 percent or a minimum of Rs 149 on the amount of Perpetual Balance Transfer. Every month, customers may make additional purchases and even shut their Perpetual Balance Transfers when they want. On complete repayment of the Perpetual Balance Transfer amount, HSBC does not charge any foreclosure fees.
HSBC Credit Card Fees and Charges
HSBC Credit Cards are customized to fulfill your lifestyle. The cards range from travel perks to dining, entertainment and more, to a variety of deals and offers. The HSBC Credit Card comes with different types of charges and fees. Let’s take a look at the same.
Annual Membership fees
HSBC primary and add-on Credit Cards come with Annual Membership fees may vary based on the promotion under which the HSBC Credit Card has been availed of by the card applicant. These charges, including expenses for any add-on cardholder(s), if applicable, are paid on issuance / renewal to the Cardholder's credit card account, and the same will be shown in the regular credit card statement of the month it is charged for. There will be no refund of the fees if the credit card is cancelled.
Cash advance fee:
The Cardholder has access to cash at HSBC / VISA ATMs in India and abroad, round the clock. A processing fee of 2,5% of the total amount (subject to a minimum of Rs.300) will be imposed on all such transactions at the time of cash advance posting and will be charged to the cardholder. The transaction fee may change, at HSBC's sole discretion in the next monthly statement. Cash advance transactions are often subject to a finance fee at the prevailing rate, determined from the time of withdrawal on daily unpaid balances. The finance fee is debited to the credit card account on the last day of the billing period.
5 Best HSBC Credit Cards
Below are the best credit cards from HSBC. Go through to know about the features and benefits of each card and choose the one that is ideal for your lifestyle and needs,
HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card
- Make your first transaction within 60 days of card issuance date and get 2 complimentary Airport Lounge Access at select domestic and international airports, 2 complimentary Meal vouchers worth Rs. 400 each and Swiggy voucher worth Rs. 250.
- Make 9 transactions worth Rs. 10,000 or more within first 90 days and earn 10% cashback, up to Rs. 2,000.
- Spend over Rs. 50,000 in a month and get BookMyShow voucher worth Rs. 500
- Spend Rs 4 lakh or more in a year and earn 5X Reward Points, maximum Accelerated Reward Points of 15,000 can be earned per annum.
- Excellent travel perks through Air Miles conversion on InterMiles, British Airways and Singapore Airlines.
- Fuel surcharge waiver for purchases between Rs . 400 & Rs. 4,000 at every fuel pump throughout India with the maximum amount fixed at Rs. 250 in a month.
HSBC Premier Mastercard Credit Card
- This is a lifetime free credit card, it comes with no joining and annual fees
- Spend Rs 100 on any category and earn 2 reward points
- Amazing travel benefits on Jet Airways and Singapore Airlines through air-mile conversion
- Complimentary lounge visits to over 850 VIP Airport Lounges in India and overseas
- Book movie tickets at PVR cinemas and earn 50% cashback up to Rs 500 per month.
- Spend Rs 75,000 in a calendar year and earn a movie ticket voucher worth Rs. 1,000.
- Get 15% off at dining over 700 restaurants in major cities across India.
- Get 24-hour golf concierge service with complimentary green fees and insurance.
- Earn 1% Fuel Surcharge waiver at any fuel station across India
- Earn 40% off at eligible spas and medical centers.
HSBC Smart Value Credit Card
- Get amazing cashback offers and vouchers from BookMyShow and Cleartrip.
- No joining fees is required to avail the card.
- Comes with annual fees of Rs 500 Waived if the previous year's annual spending exceeds Rs.50,000.
- Earn BookMyShow voucher worth Rs.200 within 60 days of card issuance
- Get Gaana+ subscription of 3 months within 60 days of card issuance.
- Earn Amazon gift voucher worth Rs.250 and Cleartrip voucher worth Rs.2,000 within 30 days of card issuance.
- Make 5 purchases a total of Rs 5000 within 60 days of card issuance and earn 10% cashback.
- Spend Rs 15,000 in a month and earn BookMyShow voucher worth Rs.200
- Spend Rs 100 on any category and earn 3X rewards on online, dining, and telecom.
- The accumulated reward points can be redeemed against gifts and vouchers available at the HSBC rewards catalogue.
HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Credit Card
- With HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Credit Card you can enjoy a host of offers ranging from travel privileges to dining, shopping, and more.
- Spent Rs 150 using this card and earn 2 reward points
- Earn exciting discounts on Movies, Flights, Dining and various other lifestyle purchases.
- Get Amazon Voucher worth Rs. 500 as a welcome gift, on making a transaction of Rs 500 or more within 30 days of card issuance.
- On spending of Rs 4 lakh earn 5X Reward Points per annum up to a maximum 15,000 accelerated reward points.
- On spending of Rs 50,000 in a calendar month earn a voucher worth Rs 500 as a milestone benefit.
- Get up to 15% discount as a dining benefit across 1,000 restaurants in major cities in India.
- Fuel surcharge waiver at all fuel pumps across India
HSBC Cashback Credit Card
- The card is enabled with the VISA Paywave Technology, which enables you to render contactless transactions.
- No joining fees is required for this card
- This card comes with an annual fees of Rs 750
- Earn 1.5% cashback on online purchases
- Get 20% off on Swiggy up to a maximum of Rs 100 for an order value of Rs 400 or more
- Spend Rs 1000 at Amazon and get 5% off up to Rs. 250 per card per month
- Get up to 15% off when dining at partner restaurants in major cities of India
- Buy 1 movie ticket at BookMyShow on Saturday and get 1 free ticket up to Rs 250
HSBC Credit Card Customer Care Number
Call on the below-given toll-free number to solve your any credit card related query.
Within India- 1860 267 3456, 1800 121 2208
For customers calling from outside India, can give a call to +91-40-61268002 or +91-80-71898002
Apart from this, you can send an email to solve your credit card related query. Kindly send a mail to the below-given mail address:
Q: How many days does it take to receive an HSBC Credit Card?
A: If you are applied for HSBC credit card along with all the required documents, your application will be processed within two weeks. You will receive your new credit card in 7 working days, once your application is approved. The Bank will send you timely alerts on the credit card application status by way of an SMS on your registered mobile number stated on your application form.
Q: What are the different types of credits cards available in HSBC?
A: HSBC offers 4 credit cards to its customers each of which is carefully designed to suit their needs and wants. They are as follows:-
1. HSBC Visa Platinum Card
2. HSBC Smart Value Card
3. HSBC Premier MasterCard
4. HSBC Advance Visa Platinum Card
Q: Are there any extra charges if I use my HSBC credit card overseas?
A: Your HSBC cards are internationally valid cards and there is no extra charge for usage at the Point of Sale. You will be charged a transaction fee for cash withdrawal of ₹100 at overseas ATMs.
Q: How can I change my credit card PIN?
A: You can request a new PIN in any of the following ways:
· Call our Phone Banking numbers
· Send a secured message after logging into Internet Banking
· Visit the branch to place the request
The ATM PIN will be dispatched to your mailing address within 7 working days of placing the request.
Q: How does Balance transfer on EMI benefit me?
A: This feature allows you to transfer other bank credit card outstanding dues for repayment at lower interest rates, hence, saving your interest costs that may have been applicable on the other card, in case of part payment.
Q: What is the rate of interest that is charged for the Balance Transfer facility in HSBC?
A: The interest rate chargeable depends on the type of credit card you hold and the plan you choose. The interest rate range ranges between 15% p.a. to 19.8% p.a. There is also a one-time processing fee ranging from 1% to 2%. For more details, you can call customer care from your registered mobile number.
Q: What is Cash-on-EMI?
A: The Cash-on-EMI facility allows the Cardholder to avail the cash advance facility on his/her HSBC Credit Card without any documentation and also save your interest costs and repay the same in Equated Monthly Instalments (EMIs). The minimum amount eligible for the Cash-on-EMI facility will be ₹5,000 subject to eligibility.
Q: What is Loan on Phone (L.O.P)?
A: Loan on Phone (L.O.P.) is a facility through which the cardholder can make purchases on the HSBC Credit Card and then convert the purchase amount into instalments. The cardholder can make the purchase at any merchant establishment and post-purchase; get the transaction converted into a L.O.P. within 15 calendar days of the purchase transaction.
Q: What is an instant EMI?
A: Instant EMI facility, is a kind of facility by which the cardholder can convert his/her purchases into equated monthly instalments at the point of sale while purchasing a product at select merchant outlets.
Q: What is the rate of interest that I will be charged for the Instant EMI facility?
A: The interest rates chargeable are as follows:
· 3 months - 12.5% interest
· 6 months - 12.5% interest
· 9 months - 13.5% interest
· 12 months - 13.5% interest
· 18 months - 13.5% interest
· 24 months - 15% interest