The Shopping & Cashback credit card is a kind of credit card which can be used by the users who are more shopaholic in nature. This card provides an array of benefit to the user as it minimizes the need to carry cash during shopping and it has an added benefit wherein the user is entitled to get cashback during every purchase and can earn back some money on spending by using the said credit card.
This is the most popular category of credit cards prevalent in India. This card is the most sought out card amongst different age groups in the country. The cardholder can earn reward points or can get cash back or can get fuel surcharge waiver and so on by using the shopping & cashback credit card. The offers on the card usually differ from one card to another and the issuing bank.
The following are the benefits of Shopping & Cashback Credit Cards:
Dining Privileges: The cardholder gets an opportunity to get dining privilege at participating restaurants which have tie-ups with the respective banks across the country.The cardholder can save easily by dining in these participating restaurants. The list of participating restaurants can be found in the respective bank’s web-portal.
EMI Privileges: The shopping & cashback credit cards offers the user an option to convert their purchases into easy monthly installment option. The offer is usually valid across consumer electronics, mobile phone outlets, retail chains, e-retailers and so on.
Reward Points: The cardholder can earn reward points on every spending using the credit card. The accumulated reward points can be redeemed against an array of options which includes shopping, entertainment, air miles and so on.
Save on Fuel Spends: Fuel expenses is the most common expense across all the household in the country. With the use of shopping & cashback credit card, the user can avoid payment of the surcharge, as this has been waived off by most of the credit cards when used to pay for fuel transactions.
Cashback: The cardholder can get cashback on every spending using the credit card. The cardholder is entitled to get cashback on a range of payments which includes movie ticket, telephone bills, utility bill payments, other spends and so on.
The following are the top shopping & cashback credit cards in India:
• SBI Simply Click
• ICICI Coral American Express Credit Card
• Snap Deal HDFC Card
• First Citizen Citibank Titanium Credit Card
• Indian Oil Platinum Citi Credit Card
• HDFC Money Back Credit Card
• Axis Bank Neo Credit Card
• HDFC Solitaire Credit Card
• Citibank Rewards Card
• Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card
• PAN Card
• KYC documents of primary and supplementary cardholder
• Valid Indian/Overseas passport with photograph and signature on it
• Residence address proof in the name of the applicant or a relative
• Valid visa/work permit/resident card
• Overseas residential address proof
• Prospective Applicant should be in the age group of 18 to 70 years.
• Applicant should have a permanent monthly income.
• Should have a good CIBIL score.
• Applicant should be a resident of India or a Non-Resident Indian.
• Should be a frequent shopper.
The aspiring customer can apply for shopping & cashback credit card either through offline mode or through online mode.
For offline mode, the customer has to go through an array of shopping and cashback credit cards offered by various banks and should zero in on one particular card which meets his/her requirements. Later the individual can walk into the nearest bank branch of the selected credit card and express the opinion of possessing the required credit card to the bank executive who in turn will explain all the features, benefits and other related things which are associated with the card. The aspiring customer will be asked to fill in the application form and has to submit the required documents as mentioned in the form and should hand it over to the bank’s executive. The bank executives will go through the submitted details thoroughly before approving the issue of the credit card to the customer. It is at the sole discretion of the bank to decide if a prospective customer has to be given a credit card of the bank or not.
For online mode, the customer can directly apply through respective bank’s website.
• Visit the official bank’s website.
• Search for the travel credit card that suits the needs and requirements.
• Click on the ‘Apply’ button to visit the online application page.
• Fill up all the details and click on the ‘Submit’ button at the end.
• The application reference number will reflect on the screen, the customer has to note down the same number for future references.