Applicants who want to deduct tax from the (TDS) from the payments are required to verify the PAN of the deductee.
Bulk PAN Verification is required to verify the PAN before deducting TDS from interest and filing the TDS return.
Bulk PAN Verification for External Agencies
Both government and non-government can choose to register as a PAN Verification Agency and verify numerous PAN Details. Agencies like DGFT, CBEC, FIU, Banks, UTIISL, NSDL, MCA fall under this category. Bulk PAN verification service is provided by Income Tax Department website and UTIITSL
- After the successful registration, go to Bulk PAN Query Page and click on option to upload Query
- Upload the Query in XML format and click on Submit
- After the successful submission of the query, a token number is generated
- The token number used to verify the PAN Details.
Process for Bulk PAN Verification User Registration
- Go to the e-filing Income Tax Department website
- Click on Register Yourself, which is located at the right bar of the page
- Click on 'Bulk PAN Verification User' and select your user type.
- Provide PAN/TAN details of the Agency (if applicable), Password details, PAN of the person, contact details of the Organization and Digital Signature Certificate.
- After entering the details click on Submit
- The applicant has to provide an authorization letter from the agency's head. The PAN Verification request is granted once the documents are successfully received.
- An activation link is delivered to your email, with the User Id and Activation Link you can activate your e-filing account.
Bulk PAN Verification through UTIITSL
- Visit the UTIITSL website
- Under the drop-down box of PAN Card Services, click on PAN Bulk Verification
- Enter Username/Password, captcha code and click on Sign In
Bulk PAN Verification through NSDL
- Visit NSDL portal
- Under the drop-down box of services, click on Online PAN Verification
- Go through all the details like Procedure and Payment Details
- Click on Apply Registration Online, which is located on the left bar of the page
- Enter all the required details and complete the payment process
- Now enter your DSC details, enter the Captcha Code and click on submit
PAN Bulk Verification based on User Pays Model
This method facilitates digital PAN Verification based on a “User Pays” model by authorized government and non-government agencies. PAN Validation using this tool may be File-Based or Screen-Based verification and Application (API Based, server to server) based verification, irrespective of the type the user prefers.
Registration charge for this facility is Rs 12000+GST per annum. Renewal Charges are same as initial registration charges. This service enables the agency to set fixed number of free PAN Verifications per day. Any requests for verification that exceed the limit must be paid for using the account created with the service provider individually. Any agency that has access to the API based or the File and Screen-Based Verification facility must maintain sufficient deposit against its User Id to verify PAN Numbers that exceed the free PAN Verification limit.
Benefits of Bulk PAN Verification
Below points are benefits of Bulk PAN Verification:
- No any hidden or registration cost is required
- Numerous PAN can be uploaded through two option, Comma Separated Values, Excel Import
- Verify your PAN details like Valid and Invalid Status, Name and Jurisdiction
- Download PAN Verification report in Excel format
- Get reduced bulk cost for recurring use cases and high volume use cases
- Get 24x7 email, chat and phone support
Who all can be a User of Online Pan Bulk Verification
Online PAN Bulk Verification application is available for below Organizations with categories as approved by Income Tax Department viz.
- Financial Institutions
- Credit card companies/Institutions
- Government Agencies
- Mutual Fund
- Depository Participant
- Persons required to file Annual Information Returns
- Any other entity required to furnish Annual Information return
- Insurance Companies
- Educational Institutions established by Regulatory Bodies.
- KYC Registration Agency
- Credit Information Companies Approved By RBI
- Stock Exchanges/ Commodity Exchanges/ Clearing Corporations
- Companies and Government deductors of TDS for the purpose of verifying PAN of TDS/ TCS deductees.
- Non-Banking Financial Companies approved by RBI
- Insurance Repository
- Goods and Services Tax Network
- DSC issuing Authorities
- Housing Finance Companies
- Prepaid Payment Instrument Issuers approved by RBI
- Stamp and Registration Department.
- Investment Adviser approved by SEBI
- Payments Bank approved by RBI
- Department of Commercial Taxes
- Insurance Web Aggregators
- Income Tax Projects.