Form 49A is for Indian Citizens and NRI to download or apply for PAN Card.
This Form is available in NSDL or UTIITSL website. This Form is mandated to all citizens of India to avail PAN Card in order to pay Income Tax and continue their financial transaction. Under the Section 139A of the Income Tax Act, 1961 Form 49 is an application form to issue PAN Card for Indian entities or company entities. This form can be also used for Change or Correction in the existing PAN Database. Indians AND NRIsmust keep in mind that this Form can be used if you have never applied for new PAN or you don't have more than one PAN.
Format of Form 49A
Form 49A is identical to Form 49AA. Hence the applicant has to provide his/her personal and basic details in order to complete the KYC process. The details to be provided in the form are stated below.
For Indian Individuals- Details have to mentioned like AO Code (Relating to International Taxation Directorate), Name, Parent's Name, Gender, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, Date of birth, Residential address, source of income, office address, Marital status, Citizenship status, Details of occupation, Assessing officer code, Registration number, Documents submitted and KYC details.
Documents needed to apply for Form 49A
- Aadhar Card
- Voter Id Card
- Driving License
- Recent Passport size photographs
- Ration Card
- Utility Bills
- Pensioner Card
Why PAN Card is Mandated to NRI's?
- An NRI needs a PAN card if he/she has a taxable income in India
- Under the new SEBI rule, any NRI not having PAN Card can not exchange its shares by a depository or broker.
- An NRI is mandated to hold PAN Card if he/she willing to invest in mutual funds
- An NRI is mandated to hold PAN Card if he/she willing to purchase any land or property in India.
Form 49A Download
Indians can download Form 49A from NSDL or UTIITSL portal with a fast and hassle-free process. This process doesn't require any physical documentation by the applicant. Digital method is used nowadays in order to download any Forms or to apply for Government related works. Applicants who are willing to download Form 49A below are the step by step guide for successful download via online.
Form 49A Download NSDL
- Go to the official website of NSDL Under the drop-down box of download click on PAN which is located in the top drop-down bar of the page.
- On the next page, you will see the Downloads PAN page under which Form 49A, Form 49AA and Correction in PAN data form is displayed
- Click on Form 49A now you will see a pdf format of the form download it and you are done.
Form 49A Download UTIITSL
- Go to the official website of UTIITSL
- Under the drop-down box of services which is located in the top bar of the page select PAN and click on Apply PAN Card.
- Now click on PAN Card as an Indian Citizen/NRI
- Now on the next page click on Download Blank PAN Form 49A(pdf).
- Now you will be redirected to the download page where you will see a pdf format of the form download it and you are done.
- Points to Keep in Mind while Downloading Form 49A
- This form can easily be filled with any Pdf Reader.
- This form can be downloaded without any cost for personal use only. This form is only used by the foreigners while applying for a new PAN or to make changes or correction in the existing PAN.
- This form can be downloaded from NSDL or UTIITSL portal only.
How to Apply Form 49A through Online Process
Indian citizen willing to directly apply for PAN without any download are suggested to go NSDL or UTIITSL for applying PAN Card in Form 49A. Below are the step by step guide to apply Form 49A in both NSDL and UTIITSL portal.
Form 49A Apply NSDL
- Go to the official website of NSDL portal and under the drop-down box of services which is located in the top bar of the page click on PAN.
- Now under the Form 49A section click on “Apply now”
- Now you will be redirected to Online PAN application page.
- Under the drop-down box of Application, Type select New PAN – Indian Citizen (Form 49A) and select your category.
Fill your personal details which are mandated to fill.
- Enter the Captcha Code and click on submit.
- After clicking on submit a Token Number will be initiated in the new page, keep this token number carefully and click on Continue with PAN Application Form.
- On the next page, you have to submit your PAN documents which can be done through the e-KYC method.
- Scan the essential documents and submit the photocopy of your documents through the e-sign method. After submitting the documents you have to mention your personal details on the next page relevant to your documents submitted.
- After providing the personal details click on next this will redirect you to a new page asking to fill additional details such as source of income, address of communication, residence address and contact details.
- On the next page, you have to enter your Area Code, AO number, AO type which can be easily accessible at your nearest Income Tax Office.
- At last, you have to upload your essential documents along with your recent colour photograph and signature.
- Now the payment gateway will appear once your documents successfully uploaded you will require to make a payment of Rs 101 including tax if the PAN Card is dispatch in India or Rs 1011 if the PAN Card is dispatch outside of India.
- Payment can be done through Cheque or DD in favour of NSDL or you can also pay the amount through credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Once your payment is completed takeout the print of acknowledgement receipt paste your photograph and sign the receipt.
- Take an envelope to attach your form and documents, mention APPLICATION FOR PAN -N- 15 DIGIT ACKNOWLEDGEMENT NUMBER in the require place and submit the envelope in your nearest NSDL office.
- Once the submission is completed PAN card will be sent to your given address within 15 working days.
Form 49A Apply UTI
- Go to the official website of UTIITSL Under the drop-down box of services which is located in the top bar of the page select PAN and click on Apply PAN Card.
- Now click on PAN Card as an Indian Citizen/NRI
- Now click on Apply for New PAN Card (Form 49A)
- Select your mode from Physical Mode and Digital Mode in order to submit of documents
- Select the status as per your category.
- Select the required option for physical PAN Card and e-PAN. Enter your Area Code, AO number, AO type which can be easily accessible at your nearest Income Tax Office.
- Fill your personal details which are mandated to fill. Mention your office address, residential address and communication address.
- Select your citizen type and mention ISO code.
- Provide details of your source of income.
- Now submit your essential documents and complete the KYC process.
- Once the KYC is completed fill the declaration box, enter the Captcha and click on submit.
- After clicking on submit you will be redirected to a new page where you will get the acknowledgement number, keep the acknowledgement number carefully.
- Review the acknowledgement receipt, download the pdf format and take a print out of it. Now upload your scanned documents and make the payment. Payment can be done through Cheque or DD or you can also pay the amount through credit card, debit card or net banking.
- After making the successful payment now you will see your batch sheet where you can see your payment details. Now track your PAN application by providing your Application Number. Physical PAN card will be sent to your given address within 15 working days.
Form 49A Apply through Offline
- Download the Form 49A from NSDL or UTIITSL portal.
- Now mention your all personal and obligatory details.
- The mentioned details must be relevant to your documents.
- Declaration to be made by the applicant stating that the above-given details are correct to the best of our knowledge.
- Date and Place to be mentioned along with Signature or left thumb impression of the applicant.
- Now attach your recent passport size photograph in the form and duly sign in the given space.
- Review your all mentioned details in the form and submit it with your all essential documents in the nearest NSDL or UTIITSL office.
- Give the applicable charges at the time of form submission through DD, cash or e-payment.
- After the successful submission, your PAN Card will be delivered to your doorstep within 15 working days.
Instructions to Fill Form 49A
- This form is only applicable to Foreign Citizens only.
- All the details must be filled in English only.
- Form must be filled in BLOCK LETTERS by Black Ink only.
- Applicant must leave a blank box after submitting one word on each box.
- Field mark with asterisk (*) are compulsory to be filled by the applicant.
- Photograph size (3.5cm*2.5cm) must be affixed in the box provided on the form.
- Photograph should not be stapled or clipped in the form. AO code, AO type, AO number must be filled by the applicant.
- Signature or left thumb impression must be given across the affixed photo in such a manner that portion of the signature or thumb impression is on photo as well as the form also.
- Signature or thumb impression must be provided within the box on the left side of the form.
- The signature should not be on the photograph affixed on the right side of the form.
- If any such case occurs then the application will not be accepted.
- In case of thumb impression, it must be attested by a Gazetted Officer or Magistrate under official seal and stamp.
- Provide details of Representative Assessee is mandated to be filled in column 14 of the application form.
Points to Keep in Mind while Filing Form 49A
- Given resident address, mobile number and e-mail id must be correct.
- Form of new PAN card will not be accepted if the old PAN Card of the applicant is lost or stolen.
- While applying online the scan copy of your photo must be of 300dpi, colour, 213*213 pixel in JPEG format. (Size must be less than 30kb)
- While applying online the scan copy of your signature must be of 600dpi black and white in JPEG format. (Size must be less than 60kb)
Things not to do While Applying Form 49A
- Don't overwrite or make any correction in the form.
- If such case appears then the application form should not be accepted.
- Do not mention POI or POA which are not in the name of the individual.
- Do not mention any additional details in the form like birthmark, rank, marks, designation etc.
- In case of female applicant do not write the Husband's name in the Father's name column.
- Do not abbreviate your names and do not use initials.
- Do not apply for a new PAN if you already have one. If any such case occurs a penalty of Rs 10,000 will be charged to the applicant under the provisions of Section 272B of the Income Tax Act 1961.
PAN Card Customer Care Number
The customer gets easily in contact with the customer care representative to overcome their issues. Check here PAN Customer Care Details to solve any PAN related queries.