The Income Tax Department has given this facility on its own portal to verify your current PAN Card.
To verify PAN Card an applicant can also go through NSDL or UTIITSL portal. PAN Verification is necessary to know your PAN Database such as PAN Number, Address, Name and Date of Birth. Apart from the applicant can also choose offline process for the same. Scroll down and know all the methods for PAN Verification.
PAN Card Verification Online
- Go to the e-filling Income Tax Department site
- Click on Verify Your PAN Details, which is located on the left side of the page.
- On the next page, enter your PAN Number, Full Name, Date of Birth, Select your status and enter the Captcha Code on the required box.
- Review your all entered details and click on submit
- On the next page, you can verify your PAN Details
File Based PAN Card Verification
This service is used to verify up to 1000 PAN Card at a time. The verification process is done by government organizations.
- After the successful login, an applicant can upload up to 1000 PAN Card.
- Once the uploading process is completed click on Submit
- The applicant can able to verify the PAN details within 24 Hours on the NSDL website
- If any error or mistake has been done by the applicant in the format, the website will refuse the request within 24 hours.
- The applicant can download the response within his/her utility for up to 15 days.
Software Based PAN Verification
The service is a platform that allows the applicant to perform online PAN Verification through a software application by visiting the verification page
Screen Based PAN Verification
The service allows the applicant to verify up to 5 PAN Cards at a time
- Log in with your User Id and Password
- Add the details of 5 PAN Cards on the screen provided.
- Click on submit and you can verify the PAN Details on the same page
PAN Card Verification by PAN Number
- Log in to the web portal of Income Tax Department
- Click on ‘Register Yourself’ which is located on the right side of the homepage and enter the PAN number.
- Proceed further and enter all the required details carefully and click on ‘Submit’ button.
- After the submission, you will receive a link on your mail address relating to the activation of the account.
- Now go to “My Account” and click on “PAN Details” which can be seen under the “Profile Settings” section
- All the information related to your PAN card will be displayed on the screen and this will include your name, address, jurisdiction, area code.
PAN Card Verification by Name
- Go to the e-filling Income Tax Department site
- Click on Know Your PAN, which is located on the left side of the page
- Enter all the required details such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Status of the applicant and Mobile Number
- After entering all the details, click on submit to receive an OTP
- On the next page enter the OTP and click on Validate
- Now enter your Father's First Name, Middle Name, Surname and click on Submit
- On the next page, you can verify the entire details of your PAN
PAN Card Verification through UTIITSL
- Visit to the UTIITSL Portal
- Login with your User Id and Password
- After Login, select the option Verify Your PAN
- Mention all the required details and click on Submit
- On the next page, you can verify your PAN Card details
PAN Card Verification Offline
Applicants can also verify their PAN Details by sending an email. This is a facility to get response 24x7 for your PAN related queries.
Applicants are required to send email to:
NSDL- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Apart from the above option applicants can also verify their PAN Details by calling to the tollfree number. Applicants can get 24x7 service by calling on the below-given numbers:
Income Tax Tollfree Number- 18001801961
NSDL Tollfree number- 1800 222 990
PAN Card Verification Details
After going through any of the above-mentioned procedures, applicants can verify the PAN Details without any cost or hidden charges. The PAN Verification Details which includes PAN Number, Name of the Applicant, Date of Birth, Gender, Status, Address of the Applicant, Contact Details and Jurisdiction.
Eligibility for PAN Card Verification
- Payments Bank approved by RBI
- Investment Advisor approved by SEBI
- Central Vigilance Commission
- Insurance Web Aggregators
- Stamp and Registration Department
- Non Banking Financial Companies approved by RBI
- Department of Commercial Taxes
- Prepaid Payment Instrument Issuers approved by RBI
- Reserve Bank of India
- Housing Finance Companies
- Income Tax Projects
- Insurance Company
- Government Agencies (Central/State)
- Insurance Repository
- Companies and Government deductor (Required to file TDS/TCS return)
- Goods and Services Tax Network
- Mutual Funds
- Stock Exchanges/Commodity Exchanges/Clearing Corporations
- Credit card Companies / Institutions
- Any other entity required to furnish Annual Information Return (AIR)/Statement of Financial Transaction (SFT)
- Central Recordkeeping Agency of National Pension System
- Companies (Required to furnish Annual Information Return (AIR)/Statement of Financial Transaction (SFT)
- DSC issuing Authorities
- Educational Institutions established by Regulatory Bodies
- Depository Participants
- KYC Registration Agency (KRA)/Central KYC Registry
- Credit information companies approved by RBI
PAN Card Verification App
- Go to Playstore or Appstore and download Indian PAN Card app
- Open the app and click on Know Your PAN Details, which is located on the bottom of the homepage. On the next page enter all the required details with mobile number
- An OTP will be delivered to your registered mobile number, enter the OTP and click on submit.
- On the next page, you can see your PAN details such as Your PAN Card Number, Your First Name, Your Middle Name, Your Surname and PAN Jurisdiction Details.
Details Required to register for Online PAN Verification
Below mentioned are the details required for online PAN Verification
- Payment Option
- Charges to be paid
- Instrument Number
Details of the Organization
- Name of the Organization
- Category of the Organization
- TAN/PAN of the Organization
- Contact Info of the Organization
- Other Details of the Organization
Details of Digital Signature Certificate
- Class II or Class III of the Digital Signature Certificate
- Name of the licensed certifying authorities
- Serial Number of the Digital Signature Certificate