The term UTIITSL refers to UTI Infrastructure Technology and Services Limited and it was established by the government of India way back in 1993, under Section 2(45) of the Company’s Act 2013.
It is currently active as a Mutual Fund Distributor empanelled with several mutual fund houses. UTI Technology Services Limited is one of the biggest financial services provider in the country and it is also known to offer various technological and outsourcing services related to financial and government departments.
Applying for PAN Card through UTIITSL Website
Individuals can apply for PAN online at the existing NSDL web portal or by visiting any of the nearby PAN agency located at the district level. Application of new PAN can be done by duly filling in and submitting Form 49A. Customers can apply for a new PAN or can make applications for any kind of amendments of the information required in the existing card.
Any taxpayer can also apply for a copy of PAN in case of special situations, be it the loss of card or misplacement of existing ones. NRI’s and Foreigners can also apply for a PAN card, however, there will be a change in the process of PAN application.
Applicants of PAN card can even check their status using the acknowledgement number provided by the NSDL.
Apply PAN Card Online
- First login to the web portal of UTITSL web site and click on the option ‘New PAN’ and select Form 49A.
- Duly fill in all the relevant details including full name, gender, date of birth, father’s name, contact details and so on.
- After completion of filling up the form, the taxpayer will have to submit the form along with the prescribed processing fees.
- Take a printout of the page which shows fifteen digit acknowledgement number and duly sign in the space provided to proceed further.
- Now affix the passport-sized photographs of the taxpayer on the acknowledgement and identity proof along with the residential address proof and demand draft (if in case of fees is paid through DD).
- Send the application form, photographs, DD, identity proof to the NSDL office by post within 15 days of submission of the online application form.
- NSDL will then issue a PAN card to the taxpayer within 15 working days post verification.
Apply PAN Card Offline
- First, download the PAN Card application from the respective websites or get a copy from the nearby UTIITSL agent.
- Now, duly fill- in all the relevant details including full name, residential address, gender, date of birth, father’s name, contact number and so on as asked for in the form.
- After completion of the form filling process, submit the filled-in PAN form to the NSDL office and pay the required processing fees.
- The NSDL office will then issue the PAN card to the taxpayer within 15 working days.
Services Offered by UTIITSL
1. Mutual Funds
UTIITSL provides services of Mutual Fund to its customers. The services by UTIITSL includes
- SBI Mutual Fund Forms
- Reliance Mutual Fund Forms
- HDFC Mutual Fund Forms
2. PAN Card Services
The Income Tax Department, under the supervision of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), has outsourced the PAN related services to UTIITSL. The list of services includes
- Tracking the PAN Card Status
- AO Code Details
- Applying for PAN Card
- PAN Bulk Verification
3. Infrastructure Services
UTIITSL provides services related to the infrastructure and services sector. They include
- Project Management Services
- Disposal or Sale of Properties (Office/ Residential Premises)
- Acquisition of Properties
- Real Estate and facilities for office as well as for residential purposes
4. Medical Bill Processing
UTIITSL provides services related to the medical bills and claims after procuring clearance from the Government of India. It includes bill processing and claims of the following individuals employed in
- Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS)
- Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
- Ex-Serviceman Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS)
Kinds of UTIITSL PAN Cards
All the taxpayers in India must possess a PAN Card. A PAN card will be issued to an individual, firms, partnership firms, companies and so on. One should note that the PAN issued to each entity varies based on the nature of the applicant.
Here is the list of various kinds of UTIITSL PAN Cards
Individuals are issued PAN Card by the Income Tax Department to calculate the total tax amount based on several financial transactions undertaken by them during a particular financial year. It includes the name of the individual, father’s name, date of birth, signature and photograph of the individual.
In the case of companies, the PAN card consists of the registration date of the company and it does not carry any photograph.
In this case, if any of the foreign nationals wish to pursue a venture in India, it is mandatory to hold a PAN number and they can do so by filling up Form 49AA.
Significance of PAN Number
The PAN number will be unique to every individual or entity or organization as it contains some key information. The 10 digits alphanumeric number will be generated based on the details provided by the entity. Each of the character present in the PAN number will represent certain significant information about the taxpayer.
First Three Letters – The first three letters are purely alpha-numerical and contain three letters of the alphabets.
Fourth letter – The fourth letter of the PAN number represents the category of the taxpayer the entity or individual is. The various entities and their respective characters are listed below:
A – Association of Persons
B – Body of Individuals
C – Company
F – Firms
G – Government
H – Hindu Undivided Family
L – Local Authority
J – Artificial Judicial Person
P – Individual
T – Association of Persons for a Trust
Fifth Letter – The fifth letter is the first letter of the individual’s surname
Remaining Letters – The remaining characters are picked up randomly. The first 4 characters are numbers whereas the last one is an alphabet.
List of Points to Remember while applying for PAN Card
- One should ensure to enter all the correct contact details along with the full residential address in the form.
- All the details in the form should be correct and accurate and should be as mentioned in the supporting documents which will be submitted along with the form.
- The application form should be filled in capital letters.
- Existing PAN Card users can apply for a duplicate one in case of loss or theft or any kind of damage to the card.
- Mentioning initials in the name column will lead to the disqualification of the form.
- To avoid rejection of the application form, the thumb impression should not be attested by a magistrate or notary before submission of the form.
General uses of PAN card
- The PAN Card acts as an identity proof of individuals.
- It is a mandatory document for tax-related matters.
- The card comes in handy to keep a track of the tax payments.
- As PAN numbers are unique in nature, it is almost impossible or difficult to evade payment of tax by one or the other devious methods.
- PAN card can be used to avail utility connections like electricity, LPG, internet, telephone connections and so on.
PAN Card uses in Financial Transactions
- PAN number should be quoted if payments worth equal to or more than Rs 50,000 is made towards bank deposits.
- Quoting of PAN is a must to purchase shares worth Rs 50,000 or more.
- To purchase of mutual fund shares
- To transfer funds from NRE to NRO account
- If payments are made towards the purchase of jewellery items and bullion worth more than Rs 5 lakh
- To purchase an insurance policy worth equal to or more than Rs 50,000.
- At the time of registering a business, one should quote PAN information.
- It is essential to quote PAN at the time of paying direct taxes.
- Taxpayers should furnish PAN while paying income tax.
- Sale of Purchase of a vehicle except for a two-wheeler
- Payments made towards hotels and restaurants wherein the amount is more than Rs 25,000
- Payments made in connection with travelling abroad, if the amount is more than Rs 25,000
- Purchase of bonds amounting to Rs 50,000 or more
- To transfer money out of the country.